Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital recorder for basic UPC channels?

Options
  • 24-02-2015 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I got my UPC box turned off, and am just paying for broadband from them, but the basic 16 or so channels still come through the coax in the wall. Is there any device I can connect through so as to record programmes?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

shoehorn wrote: »
    I got my UPC box turned off, and am just paying for broadband from them, but the basic 16 or so channels still come through the coax in the wall. Is there any device I can connect through so as to record programmes?

Thanks.

DVD recorder with /without hard drive - or simply look for a cheap pvr ( hard drive only with video inputs)

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shoehorn

akaSol wrote: »
    DVD recorder with /without hard drive - or simply look for a cheap pvr ( hard drive only with video inputs)

>Sol
    Thanks.
    Would the Humax PVR9300T/320GB Digital TV Recorder do the job? I can't see what input / output it takes.
    My input will need to be the coax carrying UPC channels from the wall, and my tv takes scart and coax, not HDMI

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

Be careful. The UPC analogue signal I get is on VHF and your box may not receive VHF channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Thanks.
    Would the Humax PVR9300T/320GB Digital TV Recorder do the job? I can't see what input / output it takes.
    My input will need to be the coax carrying UPC channels from the wall, and my tv takes scart and coax, not HDMI
    cml387 wrote: »
    Be careful. The UPC analogue signal I get is on VHF and your box may not receive VHF channels.

Yes and no, cml387 is correct not all boxes work in Ireland. According to this boards post Link unfortunately not. However it will give you a guide to what frequency to look for in a box.

>Sol

OK so what type of recorder box will work in Ireland with UPC (formerly NTL) analogue input? How do I know if my UPC is VHF? I can see that my RTE 1 is tuned at 192 MHz. Does that tell me anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

OK so what type of recorder box will work in Ireland with UPC (formerly NTL) analogue input? How do I know if my UPC is VHF? I can see that my RTE 1 is tuned at 192 MHz. Does that tell me anything?

192 is VHF ASAIK ;)

Same question for tvs. Most new TVs don't have VHF tuner in their spec. Any recommendation for a modern tv that tunes in VHF channels?

Advertisement