Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos delay in starting

Options
  • 23-02-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi guys

Hoping somebody may be able to help me here with an issue with my Sonos Playbar.

I recently moved house and finally got my HE gadgets back up and running. I have a Playbar connected to my Panasonic P50VT65 (plasma) with a Sky HD box and Xbox One underneath. I have two Play:1's in the room too. The Playbar is connected via the optical cable to the tv with the others connected via HDMI.

The problem is that when I turn on the TV it takes the Sonos system 30 seconds to produce any sound. Everything is in sync (no problem there) but the delay is very annoying to be honest. I had the exact same setup in my previous house with no delay whatsoever so just trying to assert what may be causing this delay. I have very limited tech experience (compared to most here).

The Sonos bridge is connected to router via a Netgear switch (can't imagine that this is the problem).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

If you play music with the son bar there is a delay between optical being recognised. You might try changing the optical cables as they may have been damaged during transit.

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr. TTime

Thanks I'll try that this evening when I get home

Advertisement