Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone a Linux/Unix Package Maintainer?

Options
  • 14-01-2015 11:45am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here is a package maintainer or has considered the idea. I've recently taken on one myself, working on a front end installer for Arch Linux. The package itself was given up on by a maintainer, so I took over.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

/me raises hand.

Currently maintaining about 20 packages between Debian/Ubuntu/OpenWrt and upstream projects.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Puts me to shame :P I've developed my own projects and I've only taken over one so far. So I'd be interested in taking on more when I have the time.

Advertisement