Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iBood Acer Liquid E3 Duo smartphone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

No radio (from what I can gather) is a killer for me. The price is about €40 cheaper than seems otherwise available on the Irish market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

kn wrote: »
    No radio (from what I can gather) is a killer for me. The price is about €40 cheaper than seems otherwise available on the Irish market.

Noticed the Acer liquid e3 plus is on the Acer site for £188 and only difference is it has 2gb memory and 16gb storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Noticed the Acer liquid e3 plus is on the Acer site for £188 and only difference is it has 2gb memory and 16gb storage.

Extra gig of ram and extra storage might be worth the extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The Acer E700 seems to be a much better spec for not much more on amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

terrible phone had one last yr and it was back and over to acer repair center about 6 times for various repairs, they would not replace it and were pretty imcompontant at repairing it, I eventually smashed it with a hammer, would never buy and acer product again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Notch000 wrote: »
    terrible phone had one last yr and it was back and over to acer repair center about 6 times for various repairs, they would not replace it and were pretty imcompontant at repairing it, I eventually smashed it with a hammer, would never buy and acer product again

Sounds familiar! I have its predecessor, the E2, and it has to be a frontrunner for worst phone ever. It occasionally doesn't wake up, and when I sent it for repair the repair centre kept it for 6 weeks, then sent it back with a broken camera. They didn't even fully fix the issue. Never again Acer, never again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Round Cable

TheAmateur wrote: »
    Sounds familiar! I have its predecessor, the E2, and it has to be a frontrunner for worst phone ever. It occasionally doesn't wake up, and when I sent it for repair the repair centre kept it for 6 weeks, then sent it back with a broken camera. They didn't even fully fix the issue. Never again Acer, never again...

I have an E2 duo, and found it to be highly dependable, must be the luck of the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

I also had an e2, rocker button was stuck in after about a month use, sent back to acer, kept phone for ages and sent it back with problem not fixed properly, I'll be avoiding acer aswell for now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I'm not into brand loyalty etc, but the quality of Acer's products can be brutal. That's all I'll say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Thought I saw a fairly good android phone on gearbest with slightly better specs for the same price.

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_72094.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Notch000 wrote: »

The E3 wasn't out last year so can only assume you had an E2

I purchased an E2 Duo which did require a return to Acer but they cover courier pickup. As it turned out the fault was uneconomical to repair so I was refunded. Despite that I had no hesitation in picking up a new one which has worked faultlessly and IMHO is a good phone for the money. The dual SIM feature is one I find very useful.

It appears that the iBood version is the lesser if three avaiable versions if the phone and to be honest the 1Gb memory is the biggest weakness.

Advertisement