Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help choosing a 9mt + car seat.

Options
  • 02-03-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭

Hi can I get some advice on a car seat. I will be buying it in the next 2 months. I have €100 saved so need to keep close to that.

It is worth buying one that faces rear and front or is it better just to face front?

My sister had a Britax one but it was so high I often hit her child's head trying to put him in.

My car has iso fix, is this the best to go for? I wont be moving it between any other cars.

I have been to a few places to look but I really dont have a clue. I really want to choose so I know how much money I will need to save. The girl in Smiths says this is the most popular:

http://www.toys.ie/Maxi-Cosi-Priori-SPS-Car-Seat-!F11170-prod.aspx

The Maxi cosi Priori sps

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved, you should get more answers here wmpdd3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

You can either go for a group I-II or there are some I-III out there that'll do the child till alot later on :)
    I'm a fan of the recaro ones myself but thats because i've had my own ar$e sat in some sort of recaro seat most of my driving life :)
    http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performance/Seats_Accessories/Child_Seats/Recaro_Young_Sport_Child_Seat/2014/6183

My niece has 2 different ones, a maxi cosi and a recaro and although the maxi cosi one sits her higher up she rarely sleeps in it and says she much prefares the recaro as its more comfortable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sorry January, baby brain!

@niallam, thanks for answer, I would like one they reclines well, as she is usually asleep before I leave the estate!

I saw the evolva which is group 1-4 (I think) but I would rather just 1 seat up to 4 yrs and then a booster seat with sides after that.

Anyone have the maxi cosi one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We have the Maxi Cosi Axiss and I love it! Megan seems to love it too and looks really secure in it. It reclines and swivels so its really easy putting her in and getting her out. Didn't bother with an isofix for this car seat at the car seat isn't being taken in and out all the time like the cabriofix. Its really secure in the car, there is a crank type thing to make sure the seat belt stays nice and tight, not really sure how it works cos thats 'man stuff' :D

I only really looked at the Maxi-Cosi car seats as we liked the cabriofix so kinda knew that we would be getting something decent with a Maxi Cosi. I really liked all of the Maxi Cosi seats and they all seem really sturdy and secure and comfy for the baba. It was the swivel function that sold it for me on the Axiss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Sorry January, baby brain!

@niallam, thanks for answer, I would like one they reclines well, as she is usually asleep before I leave the estate!

I saw the evolva which is group 1-4 (I think) but I would rather just 1 seat up to 4 yrs and then a booster seat with sides after that.

Anyone have the maxi cosi one?

A child needs to be in a high back booster until well past four years old. A cushion won't do it...

I have this: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3761346.htm

for my two year old, she's comfortable in it, we used it rearward until she was just over a year (she didn't hit the weight until then) and then turned it forward facing. She falls asleep in it most of the time and we have one (that we used in the grandparents car) ready for when Saoirse goes forward facing in a few weeks (we have a M&P Primmo Viaggio we got as a gift for her that we are still using).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I would second the Maxi Cosi Axiss.

My back was banjaxed from lifting him in and out of the car when he was smaller so the swivel action is worth every penny as far as I am concerned as I no longer have to bend into the car to put him into the seat.

It's a little bit expensive alright but it will save me hundreds in physio fees for my back over the next 3 years!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Ballyman wrote: »
    I would second the Maxi Cosi Axiss.

My back was banjaxed from lifting him in and out of the car when he was smaller so the swivel action is worth every penny as far as I am concerned as I no longer have to bend into the car to put him into the seat.

It's a little bit expensive alright but it will save me hundreds in physio fees for my back over the next 3 years!!!!

I've the axiss as well love it, dont no how people manage without the swivel especially in car parks when there not much room to open car door fully.

Does anybody else find it hard to tighten the straps, i have to really really pull at it to get it tight enough and i'm quite strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah, me cousin has one like that, she said you can pull the thing to tighten fine when the child isn't in it!

Anyway, its a bit out of my budget.... actually its way past my budget!

I was looking at the Baby start one, it seemed to have everything and I could put her in it now as it is rear facing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭analucija

Isofix seats are safer and easier to instal. I have Maxi Cosi Priorifix and it seems to be very good.

Advertisement