Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site notice for extension of duration

Options
  • 22-10-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if a site notice is required for extension of duration application process.

I looked at the sample site notice from the coco's website and the permissions covered on it were :
    3. Delete as appropriate. The types of permission which may be sought are –

(a) permission,

(b) retention permission,

(c) outline permission,

(d) permission consequent on the grant of outline permission. If this type of permission is being sought, the reference number on the planning register of the relevant outline permission should be included.

Does it need to be displayed?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

No site notice required...you are not applying for planning permission. Search your Council website for the appropriate form (i.e. extension of duration) and/or contact them so they can point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

That was what I thought. I ask because I have applied for extension of duration and in their acknowledgement letter it says:

You are advised, not withstanding this acknowledgement, that if on inspection of the land to which the application relates, the Planning Authority considers that the requirements of Article 17 (1)(b) or 19 (erection and content of site notice) are not complied with, the application will be deemed invalid.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

A site notice is definitely not required for an extension of duration application. That looks like the council may have accidentally sent you our the wrong form of acknowledgement letter, i.e. one for a planning application. I wouldn't worry about it but if you want some reassurance, call their public counter and they will confirm.

Advertisement