Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limp mode reset

Options
  • 19-10-2014 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Lads, Would I be right in suggesting to brother in law that disconnecting battery in his Hyundai Santa Fe would get him out of limp mode until he gets to garage? Dont want to give him wrong advice and cause more probs. Don't know a lot about Santas but its a trick that works on some.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

Peterbilt wrote: »
    Lads, Would I be right in suggesting to brother in law that disconnecting battery in his Hyundai Santa Fe would get him out of limp mode until he gets to garage? Dont want to give him wrong advice and cause more probs. Don't know a lot about Santas but its a trick that works on some.
    Thanks.

As far as i know stopping and restarting the engine should reset the limp home mode. If it stays on the problem that triggered it is still present.
    It could be worth trying to disconnect the battery overnight. the only thing to go wrong is losing the code for the radio.
    He could also try getting a cheap fault code reader on ebay for around 25 euro and check for faults

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Peterbilt

Someone else, work colleague or someone, suggested the battery disconnect thing. Limp home apparently corrected he says, but now he's got an air bag light activated! Glad I kept mouth shut.......

Advertisement