Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any TV brands available in Ireland with a matte (not glossy) screen?

Options
  • 21-09-2014 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Seems that, sadly, TVs are going the way of laptops and you simply can't get a matte screen anymore, only glossy, which of course means the TV is more reflective and if you have lights or windows in your room and you're watching a dimly lit scene you'll see more of your room reflected in the screen than what you're actually meant to see.

So much for technological "progress", not to mention choice. Some blame Apple/Jobs for leading us down this route with their shiny glossy reflective iPods, iPads and iPhones. :mad:

So are there any brands/models with matte screens available in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

To partially answer my own question, I was in a tv shop today, and all TVs c. 32" and over were glossy screens, though those 27" and under seemed to be mainly matte.

I assume this is because smaller screens tend to be placed in kitchens & bedrooms, where there may be less control over light from windows, lamps, etc. and TV may be watched in broad daylight (esp in a kitchen), whereas larger screens tend to be placed in a livingroom where there is an assumption (though it's not always the case) that the TV is positioned well relative to any lights, windows, etc. and lights are dimmed or turned off for evening viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 laklaker

A sony type of tv would work. Google it and find a product that suits your convenience.

Advertisement