Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Super Star operating efficiently

Options
  • 12-12-2012 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi All,
    We recently moved house and the new place comes with a Stanley Super star range in the kitchen. We've been using the range, which is oil powered, for heating the rads water and the odd bit of cooking but to be honest I'm not sure if we're using it in the most efficient manner. Manuals on line don't seem to give very detailed information on how to operate the range efficiently or at all, their focus seems to be more on the set up and cleaning of them.

I'd also like to know what the purpose of the idle setting is on the oven and heating temp gauge as these never seem to be mntioned in any instructions I can find. Anyone got any advice or can let me know how they use theirs or what settings they keep it on?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

You must set the oven knob to idle when running the heating, the heating stat will then have control, you don't want the burner cutting out when just the oven is hot, the main thing wioth the range is to use the baffles correctly, otherwise the heat just heats the hotplate and straight up the flue.
    A good service to be sure its all burning to its best and a CO alarm would be advisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NattyRasher

Ok so if we're just heating the rads and not using the oven we just use the idle ono the oven setting. Does the same apply if we just want to use the oven and not heat the rads - set idle on the heating dial?

I have no idea about the baffles and how to use them correctly. We had the range serviced in Sept so I would hope that they were correctly set at that stage.

I'll put up a C02 alarm in the kitchen, thanks for this recommendation would never have thought of it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

You set the idle then use boiler stat at required temperature and use the heating baffle.
    If your using the oven then you must drop the heating baffle and raise the oven baffle, you then set oven stat to desired temperature which will be below the idle setting..

The baffles are inside top door, on each side, you should have a tool to use to move them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shanebrk

This is a sheet with the baffle settings that came with our Stanley range. Hopefully you can see it, if not ill put up a better quality one when I'm on my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zebennis

where can i buy baffles for Stanley super star cooker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

zebennis wrote: »
    where can i buy baffles for Stanley super star cooker

Try Stanley themselves in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Fire door hard to close on my solid fuel stanley super star. Could it be a hinge problem ?

Advertisement