Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning 7.5GB to a dvd need 8.75GB DVD

Options
  • 29-06-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm after taking files off a disk I have because the disk isn't being recognised any more and I think it may just be a fault on the disk. The files amount to just over 7.5GB but I need to burn them to one one DVD for them to work.

Anyone where I can buy them, they have to be single layer ie. just play on one side.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I use the tesco brand 5 for 4.99 dual layered myself which are actually rebranded ricoh dvd's if i remember no problems with them even work for xbox.

You cna get them cheaper online with the likes of verbatim braned ones but you have to buy in bulk for it to be worth it , the tesco ones might be better if you only need one or two. Only problem is not all tesco have them, they come in a back box if that helps you spot them.

If its dvd vob's you are burning could always use dvdshrink to get them on a standard 4.5gb dvd

• Registered Users Posts: 81,865 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

For DVD shrink set a custom target file size. otherwise it aims for 4.6 but the videos always come out around 2.7. I use 5400MB as my target usually.

Advertisement