Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding Password Script.

Options
  • 26-07-2004 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey peeps... was wondering if any of you could help. I once had this nice little password script, it was very simple, and easy to set it, it allowed for multi user's, and page re-direction for each user, and it got you to put this small bit of script into each page that was "secured", so that if you tried to view the page in ur history without logging in, it would take u back to the login page...

I'm not sure if it was ASP, DHTML, CGI, or whatever, it was over a year ago I think, and I have searched my usual sources for it, but with no luck... can anyone help? even with a simlar script.

TAN KU

Darren - uummmhhhh

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

is the original password stored in a database?
    Is the authentication system based on session variables or stored on a cookie on the users machine?
    The choice of server side 'language' is important. It was not DHTML (if it was then don't touch it!). If your site is destined for a unix server then you will be dependant on php or cgi more than likely whereas if you are using a Microsoft server then go with ASP.
    Search Google as there 100 million and 1 versons of this code out there to suit your needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 uummmhhhh

Man, chillout, I used the word simple there, I'm not dealing in millions here, or even pennys, this is just a stupid lil script, its only function is to make a board of directors feel important enough to have a username and password to access a lil info part of a site, and the only reason I want it is cos I can direct to different pages... This script was about 20 lines in total... its nothing, you would protect a thing with it, and i dont need to...... the passwords where stored in the feckin login page's HTML, its that feckin simple. remember SIMPLE!!! STUPID!!! But it suits my needs and can't find it or another like it.

erm, sorry for trying to help!

No no, it's much appricated, just a lil over board... I admire your enthusiasm... But honest to god, this script couldn't secure ur pants up, let alone a site, its just a lil script that allows access to different pages on a site, it was a nice lil script cos it was v.easy to set up, and as much as forth-knocks would come in handy, its too much for something so small.

So if you have any ideas, it would be great to hear from any of you.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So it's probably some form of javascript that you pop up a box asking username and password, and depending on the username and correct password, call document.location() to send him to a new document.

• Advertisement

yeah, but you see, being directors, they're fussy, one said they hated pop up "windows" and I tried to explain that is aint a window, is a box askin for ur details, but they didnt wana listen, and now none of them want a pop up box... I know, u dont have to say it, but hey, u gota give em what they want.

thanks for that m8, will check it out when I get home, and will let u know how I get on. talk to you then.

OK, lets start again shall we... I'm looking for the most basic Multi User, Multi Password, Multi Destination Password/Login Script... Just something simple, I dont wana be ****ing about with **** I dont need, and I dont wana be givin tips on how to create one, ever hear of cut and paste!!! Please help me people, aint got much time on this!

Damn it I went and found exactly what I was looking for....... see this?

<HEAD>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

<!-- This script and many more are available free online at -->
    <!-- The JavaScript Source!! http://javascript.internet.com -->

<!-- Begin
    function Login(){
    var done=0;
    var username=document.login.username.value;
    username=username.toLowerCase();
    var password=document.login.password.value;
    password=password.toLowerCase();
    if (username=="member1" && password=="password1") { window.location="page1.html"; done=1; }
    if (username=="member2" && password=="password2") { window.location="page2.html"; done=1; }
    if (username=="member3" && password=="password3") { window.location="page3.html"; done=1; }
    if (done==0) { alert("Invalid login!"); }
    }
    // End -->
    </SCRIPT>

<!-- STEP TWO: Paste this code into the BODY of your HTML document -->

<BODY>

<center>
    <form name=login>
    <table width=225 border=1 cellpadding=3>
    <tr><td colspan=2><center><font size="+2"><b>Members-Only Area!</b></font></center></td></tr>
    <tr><td>Username:</td><td><input type=text name=username></td></tr>
    <tr><td>Password:</td><td><input type=text name=password></td></tr>
    <tr><td colspan=2 align=center><input type=button value="Login!" onClick="Login()"></td></tr>
    </table>
    </form>
    </center>

<p><center>
    <font face="arial, helvetica" size="-2">Free JavaScripts provided<br>
    by <a href="http://javascriptsource.com">The JavaScript Source</a></font>
    </center><p>

It's so simple my sis cud crack it. But it dont need to be secure, it's the destination and sence of importance that the directors will get from it that I'm looking for.

anywho, you help was great, TAN KU

• Advertisement
Advertisement