Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pajero injector pump

Options
  • 23-10-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Have a 94 pajero jeep jap import engine perfect body perfect just the injector pump is taking in air lads were saying the o rings inside the pump are perished, would it cost much to fix the pump and is there much to taking it out and refiting it thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

I take its a 2.8 one you have, reconditioning them pumps have varied success, i would get a used low milage one from the uk if i were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

Usually the front seal goes on them, cheap enough part but getting the pump out to do it and back in rightly timed up can take a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

I often questioned this front seal, if it takes in air shouldn't it be leaking diesel into the engine then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 madformuck

tomdeere wrote: »
    Have a 94 pajero jeep jap import engine perfect body perfect just the injector pump is taking in air lads were saying the o rings inside the pump are perished, would it cost much to fix the pump and is there much to taking it out and refiting it thanks

We recon them pumps often and to be honest it sounds more like the supply pump inside the injector pump is goneor else the washers where the supply pipe is connected because them bosch type pumps don't often draw air especially without leaking diesel externally... if those pumps are done properly they should last another 200,000 miles I've seen it...

Advertisement