Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my Galaxy S3 salvageable? "Device Memory Damaged" + reset doesn't work

Options
  • 27-06-2014 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that won't boot. When I turn on the phone I'm shown the samsung logo and then a screen that says "Device memory damaged" and an option to "reset device". I select this reset and after 30 seconds it just loops back to the same "Device memory damaged. It had worked fine for me for over a year.

I got it from a friend who had rooted the phone with some sort of Clockwork Mod ROM at some stage but I hadn't done anything with that and that's all I'm now seeing onscreen if i try to do a hard reset, what doesn't help is that it's in a different language, perhaps Chinese. Is it salvageable? Would be more than happy to just get it back to factory settings...

The presence of the CWM "replacement recovery option" (which i never used!) really complicated things....

Anyone know of any Android/phone repair places in Dublin City Centre who may work with issues like this and could tell me if it's not worth the trouble?

Advertisement