Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find the model of a fake android phone?

Options
  • 24-06-2014 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Mate got a fake Samsung Galaxy S5. He knew it was a fake when he got it, and thus paid far less than what a "real" one would cost. I'll probably be "supporting" it at some stage, so wondering if there's a code that I can enter in to get the actual make and model of the phone? The IMEI is that of a Nokia (lol), and in the settings it's listed as a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭DERPY DERPFACE

If you download cpu z it should tell you it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you download cpu z it should tell you it.
    This comes up as the CPU. I'll have to double check if 4 cores came up or not, though.

Mode: SM-G900H (mtk6589_wet_lca)
    Manufacturer: alps
    Board: mtk6589_wet_lca
    Display: ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.8

I took a photo of it, and got;

312254.jpg

It says in storage it's 16GB, but I remain unconvinced; I think it may be a lot less. He hooked it up to a PC, and got a very low GB number (3?).

Not really sure on the model.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Knowing the Chinese ones id say it has 3gb onboard storage and a 16gb card or something to go along with it....

That resolution screen is hurting my eyes, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Fieldog wrote: »
    Knowing the Chinese ones id say it has 3gb onboard storage and a 16gb card or something to go along with it....

That resolution screen is hurting my eyes, lol
    Resized the image to 25% of the image size, so that it'd fit the browser, but IRL, it's not too bad. No SD card with it, although I'll advise my mate not to get bigger than a 16GB card.

Advertisement