Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung customer service

Options
  • 16-06-2014 5:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

My daughter got a samsung tab as a very generous gift back in February. It has never worked properly. When it is out of charge, it won't recharge. She has had only a couple of weeks use from it in total since she got it first.
    Samsung customer service is worse than useless. It has to be returned three times before a replacement will be considered! I was told by their staff over the phone that "as long as it is economical to repair it, that's what they'll do." In the mean time I have a product that can be used for a few days, then off again! As far as I can see, they charge it up an send it back to me. "Working within normal specifications" translation - rubbish. I would never buy another one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Daisy 55 wrote: »
    ..When it is out of charge, it won't recharge..

..As far as I can see, they charge it up an send it back to me..

I don't get it..

However,

Does your device warn you before battery goes flat (10% battery life remaining or something?)
    If yes - charge it!!!
    Never, ever let a Li-Ion battery go flat
    Li-Ion cells do not have a memory problem like NiCd batteries but they can be permanently damaged by discharging below a certain minimum voltage.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Has about 50% at the moment, but when I connect the charger t doesn't work. The same charger does work for my phone. Both the unit and charger have been back to samsung twice already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

???? How big is your phone if it uses the same charger? Are you talking about the plug you are using fir charging or the usb cable.

If it's the plug then that's your problem. The tablet won't charge of a phone charger, plug it into the usb port of a pc/laptop and it will charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Use the charger that came with the tablet and nothing else to charge it.

See if the problem remains.

It does!

• Advertisement

It does!

Did you plug it into pc/laptop?

But the point is ...it's been "fixed" twice already! It is faulty, but samsung won't entertain that possibility until it has been returned three times.

But the point is ...it's been "fixed" twice already! It is faulty, but samsung won't entertain that possibility until it has been returned three times.

That's grand, but lets try to rule out if it's the tab or the charger that's at fault.

That's why I'm saying to plug it into the pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

My daughter got a samsung tab as a very generous gift back in February. It has never worked properly. When it is out of charge, it won't recharge. She has had only a couple of weeks use from it in total since she got it first.
    Samsung customer service is worse than useless. It has to be returned three times before a replacement will be considered! I was told by their staff over the phone that "as long as it is economical to repair it, that's what they'll do." In the mean time I have a product that can be used for a few days, then off again! As far as I can see, they charge it up an send it back to me. "Working within normal specifications" translation - rubbish. I would never buy another one.

Where was this purchased?

Your contract of sale is with them, not Samsung, unless you purchased direct from Samsung.

You have a two year Statutory Warranty, as per the EU law, transposed into Irish Consumer Law.

The manufacturers guarantee is in addition to your rights under law.

This covers hardware issues and faults which develop within the guarantee period, not caused by you, sorry, your daughter.....

was the phone modified in any way, as the retailer/manufacturer may claim this has caused the malfunction.

They try this, but even in cases where phones have been rooted and bootloader unlocked, unless there us evidence this caused a particular malfunction, they have no case.

Be prepared to go to the Small Claims Court, which costs about €20, but it should not come to that.

Check out my posting record for numerous posts on this.

These devices are not cheap, and people should pursue retailers in relation to faulty goods and goods not fit for purpose.

The law is on your side, but you must actively insist on compliance from retailers, who will tell you anything to dodge their responsibilities under contract law.

See here:

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/ecc/consumer_topics/buying_goods_services_en.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 38 tdmci

Send it back a third time - I sent my Samsung phone with a faulty camera back and on the third occasion it was automatically replaced with a new one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement