Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coder Dojo in Cork?

Options
  • 28-11-2015 7:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭

Reading the net I can see that there are several Coder Dojo locations in Cork.

My son wants to attent but there are no phone numbers to ring to see when events are on. The Cork Airport Business Park page for example does not list any events so we have no way of knowing either if events are on or at what time they start.

My son would love to try a few sessions before Christmas. Does anyone know where and when Coder Dojo sessions are on in Cork so that we can attent?

On the off chance that if there's one today that would be perfect!

Many thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

There is one at the IBM building at the airport, but I think they are only taking new participants after Christmas. You cold pop in and talk to them, they are there 12-2 I think. There is also one at the Grattan street forma labs (this is the low building with the free bikes outside), also Saturdays same time. There are more, but these are the two I have experience of.

You won't find a phone number - these are run by volunteers, not staff. The best way to find out more is to email and you will get an email back. This is the entry for the forma labs dojo.

My daughter has been attending for a while and loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Reading the net I can see that there are several Coder Dojo locations in Cork.

My son wants to attent but there are no phone numbers to ring to see when events are on. The Cork Airport Business Park page for example does not list any events so we have no way of knowing either if events are on or at what time they start.

My son would love to try a few sessions before Christmas. Does anyone know where and when Coder Dojo sessions are on in Cork so that we can attent?

On the off chance that if there's one today that would be perfect!

Many thanks. :)

They are looking to start one in Hollyhill library as well so worth keeping an eye out there to see if it gets started. They are looking for volunteers to get it up and running at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭TheChizler

There's the original one in the National Software Centre in Mahon, think it's Wednesday evenings, email reception there and they'd give you contact details I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I know someone who is involved in it me thinks the mahon one if you want me to get info for you

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭liamjames1

Hi,

Would also love to bring my niece along to this.

Mahon / airport business park would be ideal if anyone gets any details.

Getting a laptop for Christmas so post Christmas would be ideal.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

To find a Dojo, use this link https://zen.coderdojo.com/?_ga=1.95304660.953502059.1450088514 zoom in to Cork and then pick the dojo you want and click on it to being up the contact details.

Advertisement