Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any History groups in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-04-2015 4:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

I would be interested in talks and discussion etc.

Or anything really. Political History or European history? Or anything even further back. Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭johnny_doyle

I'm pretty sure there is a history group that meets in the library at Tallaght.

Edit : https://localstudies.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/tallaght-historical-society-lecture-series-201415/

The National Museum are always putting on history talks - think you just missed a talk by Lar Joye who heads up the Soldiers and Chiefs exhibition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

History groups are a thing of the past...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

History groups are a thing of the past...
    Nice one centurion..... :)

Getting back to the OPs question, libraries would be a good source to find out about local historical groups. If you live near a college/uni you could check if they have a history society and is it open to the public. I'm on Facebook and I have liked the National Library of Ireland Facebook page. They regularly hold events related to the material they hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Notices appear usually in local news print media regarding this type of event- talks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Excellent group with a plethora of events: http://www.meetup.com/Dublin-Local-History-Meetup/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 IAFC55

Your post was deleted as you posted same text in another thread. Please do not put same post in multiple threads in future

Advertisement