Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACA - CAP 2 - Modules Question

Options
  • 20-04-2015 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm going to be enrolling for my ACA CAP2 exams in July and I wanted to ask someone with relevant experience, is it better to do the two modules at the same time? (i.e the 4 exams in June 2016) Or to do Module 1 for the first sitting and then Module 2 in the following year? (i.e Module 1 in June 2016 and Module 2 in June 2017).

My training contract is up in July 2018 which means if I pick to do CAP2 over 2 years, I will be doing my FAE in September 2018 which is 2 months after my contract expires. Unsure whether that would be a problem or not.

Any help and advise would be great.

Thanks,

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

I did all four exams in one go and got them all first time. It was fairly tough, but manageable. My job doesn't involve too much overtime so I had enough time/energy to go to most of my lectures, which I found beneficial. I had the standard six weeks study leave, took it easy for the first week then studied like mad for the remaining five.

I think it depends on the type of person you are - I wanted my exams out of the way so that I could change jobs as soon as my contract is up. I also preferred to have one ****ty year opposed to two half-****ty years.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Generally the firm will extend your contract past the date of the exam if they want to keep you on. So don't worry too much about the contract end date.

Modular is encouraged in my company, with the hours we work, they prefer we focus on 2 exams and passing first time rather than doing all four and failing 1 or 2.

If work are happy for you to go either way, then it really depends on your own circumstances - how much time you have to study, how organised you are, if you would prefer 2 or 3 years of studying etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bmar_KB

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks very much for the replies. I'm not enrolling until July so I have plenty of time to ponder over it.

It's good to hear that doing the 4 exams at once is manageable, and that you were successful prettyrestless. Congrats by the way! I myself have a job that doesn't involve too much over time and I would like to have them over as soon as possible too so I'm currently swaying in that direction. And as Humour Me stated, would i prefer to study over 2 or 3 years? 2 would obviously be the preferred timeframe!

Anyways, thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

Don't forget, it's a marathon and not a sprint. Do it whatever way is going to result in success for you. (once your firm allows you take that option)

Advertisement