Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk A Disastrous Station

• 03-05-2015 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, anyone know why Newstalk wont give their URL for internet listening? Ive emailed them at least 8 times, got no answer. Even asked Tom Dunnes secretary by email to ask one of their techies, twice, still know answer. They don't even answer their phone lines, all of the email addresses on their site are deaf too....Sombody (Vinnie)posted on Boards.ie with the name of a website that would have it but it didn't.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Overstating matter just a tad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭Damien360

It's not that difficult via apps !

06B29E7C-1F98-4C64-8C4B-12924B31B8F0_zpslsw32gcz.png

3A320928-F8F2-4A61-9C2A-6FB53789051D_zpsivy2gv0z.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

route66er wrote:
    Only speaking from experience.......no answers from their main telephone lines, No replies to post, no replies to emails from the various departments email addresses listed on their web site.
    Well it's the Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend so maybe try at a time when somebody might be working?

In relation to Newstalk being terrible, two words; Independent Media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

route66er wrote: »
    <deleted>

Every single one of their weekday programmes increased its listenership year-on-year in the latest ratings (four of them by 19-26%).

I appreciate that it's annoying but clearly some are "home".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Google it. Not being smart but that's how I got it when adding the stream to an internet radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 route66er

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Google it. Not being smart but that's how I got it when adding the stream to an internet radio.

first thing i did, its what everyone does

Chloris wrote: »
    Well it's the Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend so maybe try at a time when somebody might be working?

In relation to Newstalk being terrible, two words; Independent Media.

and as far as listernship being up 'year on year'' sure it is ! So is Ryanairs passenger numbers, but no thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Edit: Sorry, just realised it's just Pat yer after. Ya I like Pat, he does his homework before interviews.

Is this link any good for ya

http://media.newstalk.ie/live_stream/?uniqueID=28097

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

http://radiofeeds.co.uk/irish.asp should see you right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

<deleted>

I think that's pretty harsh. You obviously listen to Hook as you comment so personally about him.
    You know, you could just turn the dial.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If its recording you need than get TuneIn Pro. That allows for recording, if i'm not mistaken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Hi, anyone know why Newstalk wont give their URL for internet listening?
    Apart from Pat Kenny, the rest are second raters.

Why are you so upset about not being able to get NT on the Internet if you think that all of their presenters bar Pat Kenny are second raters?

tbh, I think NT is excellent.. They infuriate me sometimes with their political correctness.. But on the whole the station is something I would miss hugely if it was gone...

Why are you so upset about not being able to get NT on the Internet if you think that all of their presenters bar Pat Kenny are second raters?

tbh, I think NT is excellent.. They infuriate me sometimes with their political correctness.. But on the whole the station is something I would miss hugely if it was gone...

Ive tried to explain what Im trying to do technically to no avail, so thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

Ive tried to explain what Im trying to do technically to no avail, so thanks anyway.

Why has nobody posted the Newstalk website yet? Newstalk.com. They have a 'listen live' button right there on their front page

Okay that's a big rant there about why you have Newstalk. All I said was if you want to listen online just go to their website.

davef1000 wrote: »
    Okay that's a big rant there about why you have Newstalk. All I said was if you want to listen online just go to their website.

you missed the point.Ya cant listen back to BBC Radio 4 for example... I use SnowTape (check it out) to listen to stations world wide, and timer record programmes of interest when Im away.

No so with Newtalk. Know what i mean 'Arry?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

you missed the point.Ya cant listen back to BBC Radio 4 for example... I use SnowTape (check it out) to listen to stations world wide, and timer record programmes of interest when Im away.

Podcasts?

So which do you want to listen to? BBC4 or Newstalk? Anyway, you can listen on their website, they have their own dedicated app, and I can also listen on an android app called Tune In Radio. I have no idea what your difficulty is anymore so good luck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

Troll threads don't need feeding people please think of their weight; thread is closed.

//MOD

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement