Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Man Utd 8:00PM Monday SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Man United
    Just want say well done to all Man City fans in here.

Best team won.

Enjoy it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Draw
    What was said.

"Mancini was badgering the officials all game. He can't be complaining about referees tonight."

That was after he had a go at Mancini for being out of his seat all the time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Man United
    Feeling a bit lonely... Any Manchester united fans fancy keeping me kompany?

Shocking I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Draw
    He was giving out about Mancini complaining to the ref and 4th offical Rigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Xavi6 wrote: »
    "Mancini was badgering the officials all game. He can't be complaining about referees tonight."

That was after he had a go at Mancini for being out of his seat all the time :pac:

I think he was the whiskey early tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Like I say you seem have short memory.

There was no need for sneaky childish remark.

/finished

Genuinely have no idea how you can say I have a short memory when you are referring to some mystery from 5 years ago when I wasn't even on the Soccer forum.

My remark wasn't sneaky or childish, just a bloody joke. You have to be able to take as well as give. But Utd fans can't which can be evidenced by their lack of presence on this thread tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭decies

Sir Alex complaining to jeff shreeves that Mancini was badgering the ref all through the game .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Overall it was a poor game but the importance of it probably had a lot to do with that. As a neutral (Arsenal fan) I thought it was a poor affair.
    I felt that Ferguson picked a team not to lose. Vidic was badly missed.
    City are no world beaters but were the better team tonight. They have more strength in depth.

I don't think anyone should be slagging Man Utd who have been great champions and are not done in this Championship yet. Many a slip yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Draw
    Xavi6 wrote: »

It's only 'mind games' when Fergie does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I think he was the whiskey early tonight

Same as yourself then?

• Advertisement

Man United
    murpho999 wrote: »
    Genuinely have no idea how you can say I have a short memory when you are referring to some mystery from 5 years ago when I wasn't even on the Soccer forum.

My remark wasn't sneaky or childish, just a bloody joke. You have to be able to take as well as give. But Utd fans can't which can be evidenced by their lack of presence on this thread tonight.

I am all for banter, Jesus I think banter is what makes these forums. The mystery was about the six times shirts and the bus that ye had ready to celebrate the win. Didnt want bring it up though.

But your post....well was not banter. I think you proved that with your last point anyway.

We just agree to disagree.

I am all for banter, Jesus I think banter is what makes these forums. The mystery was about the six times shorts and the bus that ye had ready to celebrate the win. Didnt want bring it up though.

But your post....well was not banter. I think you proved that with your last point anyway.

We just agree to disagree.

What has the six times shorts and bus got to do with me?

I think you're just bloody over-sensitive or obviously upset over result and I'll stand by my view that if Utd had won tonight then this thread would be full of gloating photos and GIFS.

Draw

I think you're just bloody over-sensitive or obviously upset over result and I'll stand by my view that if Utd had won tonight then this thread would be full of gloating photos and GIFS.

We all know you organised the bus Murpho.

Man United

This is getting childish:rolleyes:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    We all know you organised the bus Murpho.

That's right....and now I can't find the keys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Depressing. Don't know how Giggs got 90 mins. Park needs to be shipped out the gap. Serious money needs to be spent on midfield.

Can only hope Newcastle do us a favour now but I don't think they will after their capitulation against Wigan. Better team won tbh, United hadn't one really clear cut chance. Valencia should have f**king started!

Draw
    The votes for Man City are still increasing.

Man United
    WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Depressing. Don't know how Giggs got 90 mins. Park needs to be shipped out the gap. Serious money needs to be spent on midfield.

Can only hope Newcastle do us a favour now but I don't think they will after their capitulation against Wigan. Better team won tbh, United hadn't one really clear cut chance. Valencia should have f**king started!

Its not in our hands now which is problem.

and agree Valencia should have started.

Man United
    I think the Swansea game could be tougher than a lot of people think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭The Davestator

As a neutral, I thought it was a really one sided game. City should have won by 4 or 5 IMO.

I'd like to see another twist for the craic though

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Man United
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    The votes for Man City are still increasing.

It was at 100 give or take at KO.

Man United
    niallo27 wrote: »

Yes and they play type football that we don't seem to like playing at minute.

They are in bad form alright, but no 3 point certainty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I presume Fergie will complain about Rooney badgering the ref all game too?

Sour grapes, I can't believe they didn't manage a shot on target. They started on the front foot, but when the dust settled Man City were too strong.

I think Fergie got his selection wrong, and he has not done that too many times down the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Watched the game in Fagan's (Galway :rolleyes:) tonight. Couple of lads wearing City scarves/jerseys. Never ever seen that before. We'll see a lot more of it in the next couple of seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,975 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Draw

Love the way Mancini has been constantly calling the Swansea and Sunderland games easy. He's already gotten exactly the reaction he wanted with both Rodgers and O'Neil getting their backs up a bit.

He's giving them something to play for at a time of the season they wouldn't have otherwise.

Man United
    I presume Fergie will complain about Rooney badgering the ref all game too?

Sour grapes, I can't believe they didn't manage a shot on target. They started on the front foot, but when the dust settled Man City were too strong.

I think Fergie got his selection wrong, and he has not done that too many times down the years.

Rooney didn't look a happy man tonight, having a go at the ref at every chance, some really dodgy passes as well. He has done it all for utd I think he may need a new challenge or maybe I'm talking bonkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭The Davestator

markesmith wrote: »
    Watched the game in Fagan's (Galway :rolleyes:) tonight. Couple of lads wearing City scarves/jerseys. Never ever seen that before. We'll see a lot more of it in the next couple of seasons.

Yeah, I remember back in the early 90's when united jerseys started to appear when they started winning things so climb down off that high horse you're on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I have calmed down a bit now so I can't post. We were simply not good enough tonight. City were constantly attacking and always looked dangerous. We never looked like scoring.

Park looked like he had been up for 72 hours straight. Why didn't we start we Valencia?

It's out of our hands now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,975 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Draw
    Rooney didn't look a happy man tonight, having a go at the ref at every chance, some really dodgy passes as well. He has done it all for utd I think he may need a new challenge or maybe I'm talking bonkers.

Honestly, i think two astute purchases in centre mid and United would be a different team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

markesmith wrote: »

Just like we did in the mid/late 90s when United started winning leagues?

Advertisement