Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Water grant

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭CASEsensitive

Niall, Surely you don't need my details to check whether the Dept. of Social Protection have contacted IW about the late transfer of registered customers details and what is IW response to people who through no fault of their own will now not receive the grant for 2015.

When I spoke to the Dept. they said they had told IW that they shouldn't be telling their customers that they would be entitled to the grant as it is administered by the Dept. and that it was up to IW to rectify the situation. Have IW received any communication from the Dept. along those lines?

Hi CASEsensitive,

We would like to check your account to see when you registered and see if you were eligible for the 2015 grant. If so, we would then investigate if there were any issues after your registration which may have resulted in you not receiving your grant. We would require your details in order to do this.

We can confirm that the details of all of those who registered with IW before the June 30th deadline were sent to the Department who in turn would have processed your TIN. You are correct that the grant was administered by the Department of Social Protection and it is common knowledge that IW were informing customers that when they registered with IW before 30 June that they would be entitled to the 2015 grant. Unfortunately, without your details we cannot help you any further but are happy to do so if you can furnish us with these.

Kind regards,
    Aaron
    Sent you those details Aaron. Registered in December 2014.

Hi,

Just wondering is there any update on this.

Thanks
    Niall, Surely you don't need my details to check whether the Dept. of Social Protection have contacted IW about the late transfer of registered customers details and what is IW response to people who through no fault of their own will now not receive the grant for 2015.

When I spoke to the Dept. they said they had told IW that they shouldn't be telling their customers that they would be entitled to the grant as it is administered by the Dept. and that it was up to IW to rectify the situation. Have IW received any communication from the Dept. along those lines?

Hi CASEsensitive,

We would like to check your account to see when you registered and see if you were eligible for the 2015 grant. If so, we would then investigate if there were any issues after your registration which may have resulted in you not receiving your grant. We would require your details in order to do this.

We can confirm that the details of all of those who registered with IW before the June 30th deadline were sent to the Department who in turn would have processed your TIN. You are correct that the grant was administered by the Department of Social Protection and it is common knowledge that IW were informing customers that when they registered with IW before 30 June that they would be entitled to the 2015 grant. Unfortunately, without your details we cannot help you any further but are happy to do so if you can furnish us with these.

Kind regards,
    Aaron
    Sent you those details Aaron. Registered in December 2014.is th

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fear_factory84

Hi,

I have not received my water grant at this time. I was told that I had to wait.

I contacted the Water grant department by phone and they said me that they had not received my data from Irish Water.

I have registered with Irish water in May and got the direct debit confirmation letter dated June 29th (2 months to register me, wow).

Should I send you my information by PM?

Thanks

Hi,

I contacted the Water grant department by phone and they said me that they had not received my data from Irish Water.

I have registered with Irish water in May and got the direct debit confirmation letter dated June 29th (2 months to register me, wow).

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Irish Water: Mairead

Hi fear_factory84,
    Hi,

Thanks

Thanks for contacting us.

We can certainly look into this for you, if you would provide the following details by private message:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number; and
    - Confirmation that you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Mairead

Hi fear_factory84,
    Hi,

Thanks

Thanks for contacting us.

We can certainly look into this for you, if you would provide the following details by private message:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number; and

Kind regards,
    Mairead
    Thanks Mairead,

After further calls to both Irish Water and the Water Conservation Grant team I found out that Irish water sent my details 2 days ago to them, so they told me to wait one or two weeks.
    I'll wait and if the Water Conservation Grant team continues to say that they haven't got my data I'll send you the requested data.

Let's hope that I won't need it!

Kind regards,
    Emilio

Hi Emilio,
    Thanks Mairead,

After further calls to both Irish Water and the Water Conservation Grant team I found out that Irish water sent my details 2 days ago to them, so they told me to wait one or two weeks.
    I'll wait and if the Water Conservation Grant team continues to say that they haven't got my data I'll send you the requested data.

Let's hope that I won't need it!

Kind regards,
    Emilio

Thank you for updating us and we're glad to hear this is now resolved.

Please feel free to ask us any queries you may have and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Mairead

• Advertisement

Hi,

Just wondering is there any update on this.

Thanks

Hi CASEsensitive,

Kind regards,
    Aaron
    Sent you those details Aaron. Registered in December 2014.is th
    Hi, Its been nearly three weeks since I sent requested details to Aaron, is there any update on this. Thanks

Hi CASEsensitive,

Hi, Its been nearly three weeks since I sent requested details to Aaron, is there any update on this. Thanks

Please accept our apologies about the delay and a member of our team will respond to you by PM shortly.

Kind regards,
    Mairead

Hi CASEsensitive,

Please accept our apologies about the delay and a member of our team will respond to you by PM shortly.

Kind regards,
    Mairead
    Hi Maread,

Any update on this, I still haven't had any response on this. Thanks

I had no followups too. I sent a PM to the Irish Water reps to ask if there is any update.

I had no followups too. I sent a PM to the Irish Water reps to ask if there is any update.
    Well it's two months now since I asked the original question, 

'Can IW provide details on communication with the Dept. on this issue, do they have a timeline in place for rectifying the backlog and in instances where IW were in fault in providing the Dept. with registration details will IW now be providing credit to match the grant.'

From looking at other posters I'm not alone in not receiving the water conservation grant, so it shouldn't be a hard question to answer.

Perhaps one of the reps can clarify here, does the €10 payment to customers for not adhering to charter, i.e. a response within ten working days apply.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭ciarano

So as advised by the IW Reps here on boards i contacted Dept Social Protection directly which i did -well i tried to rang several times and was on hold indefinitely,Also sent them several emails and again unsuccessful.

Were fully paid up customers and applied for the Grant back in early September.

So basically neither IW or Dept Social Protection can advise of when payment willbe received,I wonder what IW would think if i said deduct the said grant from my next bill??

• Advertisement

Are my not right that legally SLA's-service-level agreement (SLA) is a part of a standardized service contract where a service is formally defined are meant to be adhered to and customers notified of delays and maximum is 90 days which you are way over???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Irish Water: Kim

Hi,

Thank you for your queries.
    Hi Maread,

ciarano wrote: »
    So as advised by the IW Reps here on boards i contacted Dept Social Protection directly which i did -well i tried to rang several times and was on hold indefinitely,Also sent them several emails and again unsuccessful.

So basically neither IW or Dept Social Protection can advise of when payment willbe received,I wonder what IW would think if i said deduct the said grant from my next bill??

A member of our team has responded to your queries individually via PM.

Kind regards,
    Kim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

are you any wiser after the latest PM from IW ?

Ogham wrote: »

are you any wiser after the latest PM from IW ?
    No.

Apologies the delay in responding.

I can confirm that we have re-submitted your details to the Department of Social Protection who will in turn be in contact with you in due course.

If you have any further queries in the meantime, please feel free to ask.

Hi,

Thank you for your queries.
    Hi Maread,

A member of our team has responded to your queries individually via PM.

Kind regards,
    Kim
    Thanks for the replies, but the Department is continuing to affirm that I don't exist for them!!

Is there any representative from the Department here?

This is a complete joke, you try to exhaust people to avoid paying crappy 100€.

I should have done like many people. DON'T REGISTER, DON'T PAY!!

It looks that Ireland is crappier than my crappy Italy for bureaucracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Just been reading through this thread what a farce lol only in this mighty little country of ours

Still nothing back another week gone
    Can you advise it's fairly bad when IW can't even get a reply?? From department of social protection

Hi ciarano,
    Still nothing back another week gone
    Can you advise it's fairly bad when IW can't even get a reply?? From department of social protection
    Apologies for the delay and a member of our team will respond to your query sent by PM shortly.

Kind regards,
    Mairead

Thanks for the reply Mairead

No offence we applied last September and have paid all our bills.
    Yet another bill will arrive soon and we will be expected to pay for it yet ye can't give us a firm date for the water grant
    Absolute sham and all ye guys do is fob us off then send PMs to quell the situation?
    We're being penalised for being Irish water customers who have always paid on time I don't buy that ye can't escalate customers like ourselves to department of social protection?
    Absolute nonsense.

Mairead why do you keep going on about "I can assure you that you are eligible to receive the 2015 Conservation Grant" As already stated we applied last September.

And again you are telling us to call ourselves,already advised we have tried several times calling and emailing Dept of Social protection but cannot get through OR no reply.

Please dont be condescending by trying to empathize and say  I completely understand your concerns and how frustrating this must be for you
    People would have far more respect if you made an announcement to the public unknown timescale for payment of Irish Water,Also your SLA's are way way outside the time frame in replying to customers.
    You have duped people in to signing up for the Water grant and now almost six months later nothing what happens if we cannot afford to pay the next installment as we were going to offset the €100 against the next bill??
    Dont reply any longer its only winding people up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Irish Water: Niall

Hi Ciarano,
    Mairead why do you keep going on about "I can assure you that you are eligible to receive the 2015 Conservation Grant" As already stated we applied last September.

And again you are telling us to call ourselves,already advised we have tried several times calling and emailing Dept of Social protection but cannot get through OR no reply.

Please dont be condescending by trying to empathize and say I completely understand your concerns and how frustrating this must be for you
    People would have far more respect if you made an announcement to the public unknown timescale for payment of Irish Water,Also your SLA's are way way outside the time frame in replying to customers.
    You have duped people in to signing up for the Water grant and now almost six months later nothing what happens if we cannot afford to pay the next installment as we were going to offset the 100EUR against the next bill??
    Dont reply any longer its only winding people up.

A member of our team has responded to your query via PM.

Thanks,
    Niall

Ciarano,

Did you get any resolution from the latest PM?

My issue is still going on.

I was able to talk today with a friendly operator from the Department of Social Protection. She confirmed that I am eligible for the water grant, but they have not received my data from Irish Water neither in the past nor recently.
    She checked every system / list she had access to and she call back me after a while. So it's definitely Irish Water fault.

What I should do at this time? Irish water over the phone keeps saying to wait. On the other side they have received nothing.

I feel like they are joking me.

Irish Water reps, please provide me some feedback.

If I don't get this solved I will start to involve the media (journals and so on). It's not possible that if you pay, you do everything in time you get this treatment back.

I'm really disappointed by this.

Kind regards

any feedback on this?

Hi,

I had submitted a complaint in relation to the issues I raised earlier in this thread and the handling of them and there was a charter payment request submitted on the 10th February by one of your agents, is there any follow up on it as my understanding was that this was meant to be processed within 15 days, has this changed. Can I get a cheque sent to my address instead of credit to my account.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi CASEsensitive,
    Hi,

I had submitted a complaint in relation to the issues I raised earlier in this thread and the handling of them and there was a charter payment request submitted on the 10th February by one of your agents, is there any follow up on it as my understanding was that this was meant to be processed within 15 days, has this changed. Can I get a cheque sent to my address instead of credit to my account.

Thanks

A member of our team will respond to your query by PM shortly.

Kind regards,
    Mairead

Thanks for ignoring me.

Luckily, I'll leave the country and stop paying your salaries..

Hi fear_factory84,
    My issue is still going on.

I was able to talk today with a friendly operator from the Department of Social Protection. She confirmed that I am eligible for the water grant, but they have not received my data from Irish Water neither in the past nor recently.
    She checked every system / list she had access to and she call back me after a while. So it's definitely Irish Water fault.

What I should do at this time? Irish water over the phone keeps saying to wait. On the other side they have received nothing.

I feel like they are joking me.

Irish Water reps, please provide me some feedback.

If I don't get this solved I will start to involve the media (journals and so on). It's not possible that if you pay, you do everything in time you get this treatment back.

I'm really disappointed by this.

Kind regards
    Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in response and a member of our team will update you by PM shortly.

Kind regards,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 16 martinlynam

Hi,

I would like an open response rather than a pm, 

I registered with Irish water as requested, gave my address and all information, Never received a bill or any contact during last Summer, during all the grant advertising I thought if honest maybe naively, that I had completed this as contacted and registered with Irish water, no bills arrived, and then I get a text message telling me I was behind in bills, surprised I rang Irish water and they said I had not responded to them and paid bills, then to my surprise they listed a completely different address to mine, I asked them where they had gotten this address they said they didn't know, but would adjust, but now was after the cut off point for the grant as I hadn't replied to their form, however Irish Water had also given the wrong address to The grant authority.
    After this I am being told that Irish water sent a letter to Grant authority that due to their mistake I should get the grant, but it was too late, so now Irish water want me to pay 160 rather than 60 that I should in total have to pay due to their mistake, one gent on the phone told me to ring back and maybe there was something they could do as it was Irish waters fault, however Friday on phone their payments department rang me to ask me why I hadn't paid the 160 and that soon penalties would be added, I told him that I was in discussions for what I believe would possibly be 100 credit from Irish water for their error, he said no, and that full payment was needed and that the last guy on phone should never have said that their was a possible credit. I feel honestly at a loss about my understanding of your company, I register, you send all my information incorrectly to grant authority, you now expect full payment including grant that you cost me, tell me maybe can do something regarding bill, then say that was never an option, I honestly cannot believe how unprofessional this behaviour has been, and yet I should pay for your errors?

I hope this reply shows my frustration, I am completely willing to pay my bill for a person living alone, 160 less grant, but in my opinion as A restaurant manager, if I send an order to a wrong table, and then after the person tells me they didn't receive their meal, I say well the meal is cold now so you still have to pay for it and I refuse to remove from bill, I am sorry but this kind of customer service will not be accepted, nor should it from any Company

Regards

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi martinlynam,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear that you have had this experience and can understand your frustration in the matter. In relation to the Water Conservation Grant, this is issued by the Department of Social Protection and would not be issued as a credit on your Irish Water account as it is not administered by us.

We would be happy to look into this matter for you. However, we would require that you send a PM with your details. This will enable us to fully investigate this for you and provide the most accurate information to you regarding the situation.

Please forward the following details via PM:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number; and

Thanks in advance,
    Allanah

Hi Amy

Many thanks for my pm, I am fully aware that due to Irish waters mistake, I am not eligible for the grant, now I want to know what Irish water plans to do to credit me with this 100 euro due to their error that they have cost me, or what reduction on bill I should expect?

Many thanks 

Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Irish Water: Amy A

Hi Martin,

A member of our team will respond to your query via PM in due course.

Kind regards,
    Amy

Hi

Well somebody was to contact me from Irish water since your mail on 23rd March. I received no communication bar another text message saying €60 penalty will be added to my account.

Do Irish Water realize the frustration that this kind of Customer service causes, if I ran my Company this way, with blatant disregard for Customers on a constant basis like this, I honestly believe I would already be out of business.

Does anybody within your Company ever admit they are wrong? That accounts should be credited where fault lies with yourselves, or do you believe you have a God given right to walk over Customers?

Regards

A Disgruntled Customer

Hi Martinlynam,

Hi

Well somebody was to contact me from Irish water since your mail on 23rd March. I received no communication bar another text message saying €60 penalty will be added to my account.

Do Irish Water realize the frustration that this kind of Customer service causes, if I ran my Company this way, with blatant disregard for Customers on a constant basis like this, I honestly believe I would already be out of business.

Does anybody within your Company ever admit they are wrong? That accounts should be credited where fault lies with yourselves, or do you believe you have a God given right to walk over Customers?

Regards

A Disgruntled Customer
    Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We are currently looking into this matter for you and a member of our team will contact you shortly.

Kind regards,
    Mairead

• Advertisement
Advertisement