Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Seaneh wrote: »
    They study you've all been waiting for lads!

Beer as a sports drink!

I see they only went as far as 4.8% ABV. I'm going to have to address the gap in the research by downing some Chimay blue, aren't I. Will report back tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

They study you've all been waiting for lads!

Conclusion: A low alcohol beer with added sodium offers a potential compromise between a beverage with high social acceptance and one which avoids the exacerbated fluid losses observed when consuming full strength beer.

Ummm.... Don't think I'll be drinking watered down, salty tasting beer to gain social acceptance any time soon. Full strength beer FTW

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

PCX wrote: »
    Conclusion: A low alcohol beer with added sodium offers a potential compromise between a beverage with high social acceptance and one which avoids the exacerbated fluid losses observed when consuming full strength beer.

Ummm.... Don't think I'll be drinking watered down, salty tasting beer to gain social acceptance any time soon. Full strength beer FTW

Nah, just drink a beer that is about 4-4.5% and had a bag of salted peanuts with it, same difference :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

Nah, just drink a beer that is about 4-4.5% and had a bag of salted peanuts with it, same difference :pac:

That sounds far more palatable and if its scientifically proven then who am I to argue?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Have you guys in here seen this? She tweeted “I knocked a cyclist off his bike. I have right of way, he doesn’t even pay road tax”; but fair play to the Norwich Police who were straight on the case :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I wonder where they got the idea for that logo from?
    network-2.jpgTV-2-logo-uden-egmont-424x244.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Ritte+tan+lines.jpg

Everybody's tan lines on course after today?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Never knew how much my heart would jump watching the An Post Rás pass by this afternoon; great buzz. Savage Fitness levels by those guys! I'll definitely be watching them again somewhere tomrrow on their route from Glengarriff to Mitchelstown as I head to Cork for a cycle on my day off :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Motorist tonight: "Where's your helmet?"

Me: "Where's yours?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

you dont wear a helmet?, is that euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

How long have all the motor ads on Donedeal had the "Road Tax" value on the info section? Just noticed it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Oh dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

In my shorts, where it should be !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Just won a copy of tick tock ten delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Just passed 5,000 kms year to date). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Just passed 5,000 kms year to date). :)

Congrats! :)

Ryan Sherlock has hit 12,500km :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Zyzz wrote: »
    Ryan Sherlock has hit 12,500km :eek:
    Yea but isn't he getting paid to do that. I have to do it in my own time. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Is anyone doing the level 1 training in Greystones on Saturday?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

ROK ON wrote: »
    In my shorts, where it should be !

In your missus where it shouldn't be :eek:

On a seperate note, my mother in law copped me without my helmet on today, sent a message home with my daughter to say she'd murder me the next time she saw me as it was no way for a Dad to behave, my wife cannot look after 3 children (ie I would have a serious accident leaving me in a child like state).

I have decided that I won't actually talk to her until this rant blows over.

• Advertisement

Stolen from the twit/tweet thread:

I thought it was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Bottle popped out of the cage and stuck between the frame and the wheel.. what are the chances!

http://tv.eurosport.fi/pyoraily/ronde-van-belgie/2013/tv-videos_vid278290.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Bottle popped out of the cage and stuck between the frame and the wheel.. what are the chances!

http://tv.eurosport.fi/pyoraily/ronde-van-belgie/2013/tv-videos_vid278290.shtml

He should have got himself...

..a sticky bottle :pac:

I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mcofferon

This is priceless, though not cycling related.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPIYXpxjL1w&sns=em

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

Zyzz wrote: »
    He should have got himself...

..a sticky bottle :pac:

I'll get my coat.

No no, let me get your coat for you - terrible :-)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

dma-photos-81.jpg?w=500&h=666

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

My Ribble order has been "awaiting picking" for over 5 days now...it was listed as out of stock a few days after I selected it.

I've used Ribble plenty over the years and this is the first issue I've had, if something is out of stock, I'd just like an estimate of when it will be back.

Customer service is beyond useless with them. I emailed about the matter and got back a "It can take 15 days to deliver, we normally try to make it 10" which obviously answered nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

How windy should it be before I don't have to consider myself a wuss for not going on a spin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

How windy should it be before I don't have to consider myself a wuss for not going on a spin

A lot windier than whatever it is now in your location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,014 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Like a two-mile-wide lawnmower blade.

Oklahoma_tornado_1901848.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement