Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so is anyone thinking of repeating?

Options
  • 23-06-2010 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

i think i might, after yesterday's disaster....:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shi7zman

What hapend yday? ah dont think like that!!! repeatn shud be a last resort jus focus on finishin exams nd avin a good summer!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Never....repeating would only be a complete last resort.Never think about repeating now,it'll ruin your summer

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Ha I was going to post the same thing but I didn't want to wreck the mood in the forum. :D But yeah, if I don't get Medicine (and probably won't, reckon I'm only around 500) then I think I'll repeat. Been ready to all year in case it doesn't work out so not really too bothered saying it now... but to anyone not done don't waste time on that thought, just study!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It's always an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Before yesterday: Never, no way.

After yesterday: Sign me up, Ma, im probably gonna have to go back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Not if you paid me to.

Isn't this the last year for our Irish course? I mean, with An Triail going off it? And also Project Maths is on the Leaving 2012, no? Figure it'd be better to repeat now while at least some of the stuff is fresh in my head..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 LouiseZ

Yeah I think I am. 2 or 3 exams really didn't go my way AT ALL. I was gunna go for medicine but now after those exams I don't think I'll get any higher than 500-510.
    Guess that's what I get for spending my entire life on youtube and facebook...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ChristianLC

I'm not confident on how I did on Maths Paper 1 (ordinary). I don't it was extremely difficult and I just shut off completely after question 2. I thought all the part C's were really hard and I could barely answer any of them. I done alot better on paper 2 but having said I hardly did amazing either. Last week I was thinking I passed but for some reason since Monday I know that I failed.

I hope this isn't the case and that I pass but I doubt it. I can't stop thinking about it and I really just want to know my results so I'll find out whether or not I'll have to repeat next year. If I fail Maths I'm going to have to repeat the entire thing because I applied for Business courses through the CAO so a pass is essential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

i really dont think i could handle another year of the stress that is involved in 6th year.... im pretty sure Id die of a heart attack or somethin -.-

• Advertisement

Yeah I've been stressed out of mind for the past two months and would hate to have to repeat but it's the most likely scenario in my case. Thing is though I know I'll do so much better next year if I repeat. I'll do more honor level subjects and will work harder. I know how much effort has to be put in after doing it so I'll be much prepared next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Don't make any decisions yet, wait till results and enjoy your summer, i didn't know i would be repeating last year till i got my results, anything can happen, just stay calm and enjoy the 2 months before the results, if it comes to repeating ,it's not as bad as the first time anyway, it flies by :p

Yeah I keep getting told not to stress over it but I can't help it. I applied for several PLC courses aswell involving business. I got accepted to them all. I've heard that I could still be allowed entry into the course if I repeat just Maths next year.

Does anyone know if this is true or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Yeah I keep getting told not to stress over it but I can't help it. I applied for several PLC courses aswell involving business. I got accepted to them all. I've heard that I could still be allowed entry into the course if I repeat just Maths next year.

Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Well would you prefer to do a PLC or do the leaving again for higher points, i went for a plc but decided i'd prefer to go back get the points and get the course i really wanted, yes i think you can do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Having just spent a year repeating, I'm not considering it, no. :pac:

It's really not so bad though!

I wouldn't mind doing a PLC course. I would prefer to go straight into one of my choices from the CAO but during my interview for Rathmines College I was told I could go on to university the following year if I do a good job on their course.

For the courses I want to do from the CAO the points aren't that high. They range from about 200 to 300 points. Would it be worth my while repeating getting higher points and going straight to university or would I just be better off doing a PLC and going to proper college the following year? I'm leaning towards the latter right now.

Having just spent a year repeating, I'm not considering it, no. :pac:

It's really not so bad though!

Did you go back to your old school or what? What was it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Not a hope in hell am I repeating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

If you can guys, I'd strongly suggest anyone thinking of repeating talk to a guidance councilor. There are other ways to get into college courses, for example, doing a year in a related course elsewhere and transfer the credits etc. I know a girl in my year when I did the leaving 5 years ago got into medicine by switching in after a year in a different course. Just food for thought, the LC is NOT the only way to get what you want in college

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

If i had to, I will hope not though

fiar do hardly any subjects if i did next year, not bother with irish or chemistry classes :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

I want to do Medicine, but I got sick in the echemisty exam, biology didn't go well and art history was a catastrophe :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Before it, I felt on top of the world.
    Last thursday - IM SCREWED. SEE YA AGAIN IN SEPTEMBER....

:mad::mad::mad::mad: So stupid. Another fecking year like

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

Yeah, I'll definitely be repeating. Need around 500 points, but probably only got 380 or so, as I honestly did nothing all year - not even homework - and have really just been coasting through school all these years.
    For me this LC was a much needed wake-up call. :/
    Oh well! Back we go! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Yeah, I'll definitely be repeating. Need around 500 points, but probably only got 380 or so, as I honestly did nothing all year - not even homework - and have really just been coasting through school all these years.
    For me this LC was a much needed wake-up call. :/
    Oh well! Back we go! :rolleyes:
    Isn't that what the mocks are for?

Isn't that what the mocks are for?

My bio and fre teachers picked the mocks to suit themselves and what they had done. The LC was horrible.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    My bio and fre teachers picked the mocks to suit themselves and what they had done. The LC was horrible.:P
    my Bio teacher did that too! We had never done Ecology, but my grind tutor told me that Ecology was easy, so I studied it... The day of the exam, I see my teacher had edited out alllll the Ecology and replaced it with stuff from Section 3:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Before it, I felt on top of the world.
    Last thursday - IM SCREWED. SEE YA AGAIN IN SEPTEMBER....

:mad::mad::mad::mad: So stupid. Another fecking year like

But that means changing your username. Too much hassle in my book

do you have to resit 6 subjects or can you sit only 2 or 3 you want to improve????:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭irish_man

If i dont get what my 1st choice i'll seriously consider repeating

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I've been thinking about it even before I started my exams:( If I don't get enough points for my first choice, I'd repeat just to give me some more time to decide what it is I want to do.

Advertisement