Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can't connect aireal to sony cd player

Options
  • 28-06-2015 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

As above really, got the wee adaptor thing put it on aireal connection but won't mate with the CD player still, the CD player has a little wire coming from the aireal socket and they won't join at all anyone any ideas? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Can you show a picture of the rear of radio

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭canhefixit

It's a mk1 focus I'm trying to put up pic from phone but won't upload

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Antenna connection on old radio looks like this?
    focus_6000_cd_radio_plugs.jpg

428511152_tp.jpg
    Old cable from car on left? Antenna adaptor on the right?

Is this what you have?

This what I have on back of radio, a little cable coming from the were the aireal connection is

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Antenna connection on old radio looks like this?
    focus_6000_cd_radio_plugs.jpg

428511152_tp.jpg
    Old cable from car on left? Antenna adaptor on the right?

Is this what you have?

I have the adaptor thing for the aireal in your bottom pic on right, just I can't get it to fit at all

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Grab the black wire at the silver bit where it goes into the radio & pull it out. Then you can use the adaptor in the bottom right of Colm's photo to plug in your aerial.

Haha got it sorted can't believe how simple it was an how it beat me for so long! The wire is connected to an adapter which was pretty stuck in back of radio set if pliers and enough force got it out happy days, cheers

Advertisement