Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 308 activating RD4 Aux

Options
  • 29-06-2015 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Evening all,

Trying to sort a line in to an RD4 radio in a 2008 308.

I have a line installed into the back of the head but I need the aux / cd changer enabled on the stereo by Peugeot Planet tools.

My local Pug garage quoted me between €40 - €70 for the pleasure, does anyone know someone who privately owns the required tools who'd do it for less?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Nekro Man wrote: »
    Evening all,

Trying to sort a line in to an RD4 radio in a 2008 308.

I have a line installed into the back of the head but I need the aux / cd changer enabled on the stereo by Peugeot Planet tools.

My local Pug garage quoted me between €40 - €70 for the pleasure, does anyone know someone who privately owns the required tools who'd do it for less?

Cheers

any luck with this?

how do you enable aux?

do you have this radio/cd unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

guile4582 wrote: »
    any luck with this?

how do you enable aux?

do you have this radio/cd unit?

Story,

Yeah I had some luck, I managed to eventually convince the garage to enable the aux in (despite the guy complaining that there's no aux in input on the back)

I found a diagram of which inputs were which online here and here (I forget which one was right in the end). I used an adapted line in the back of the head ( this one )

drilled a hole in the centre console, fed it through, and bob's your uncle

that looks pretty similar to what I have.

Now, that worked for me, I'm no expert, your mileage may vary

Nekro Man wrote: »
    Story,

Yeah I had some luck, I managed to eventually convince the garage to enable the aux in (despite the guy complaining that there's no aux in input on the back)

I found a diagram of which inputs were which online here and here (I forget which one was right in the end). I used an adapted line in the back of the head ( this one )

drilled a hole in the centre console, fed it through, and bob's your uncle

that looks pretty similar to what I have.

Now, that worked for me, I'm no expert, your mileage may vary

Don't suppose you know how to enable aux in? How much he charge to do that?

Don't suppose you know how to enable aux in? How much he charge to do that?

as far as I can tell it has to be done by an official pug mechanic with the right tools.

Somewhere in the €50-€80 mark, I don't remember the exact figure, this was over a year ago

cool nice one, if you are in Dublin could you tell me the name of the mechanic, might as well go there get it all done

• Advertisement

cool nice one, if you are in Dublin could you tell me the name of the mechanic, might as well go there get it all done

the exact mechanic escapes me, I went to McGowans and got it done there

where is Mc Gowans? I only know one Mc Gowans and thats a bar in Phibsborough ;)

Advertisement