Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Poor reception VW Golf Mk4 Radio

Options
  • 11-06-2015 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭

I've the factory fitted radio in my 1999 Golf and lately the reception sounds like its fading in and out. Sometimes it's okay and sometimes bad.

Would this be an aerial problem or a radio problem?

The CD player is working fine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Moanin wrote: »
    I've the factory fitted radio in my 1999 Golf and lately the reception sounds like its fading in and out. Sometimes it's okay and sometimes bad.

Would this be an aerial problem or a radio problem?

The CD player is working fine
    Most likely aerial is at fault.
    Tune radio to a station that you are not happy with the quality of sound.
    Remove the aerial from the back of radio and shove in a piece of wire or narrow screwdriver. Your body plus what you plug into aerial socket are now acting as the aerial. If the reception improves by using this method then it stands to reason that the car aerial is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

Thanks. Is there a special tool to remove these?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Moanin wrote: »
    Thanks. Is there a special tool to remove these?

If the model is Beta or Gamma , yes there is a special tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Are you using any car phone chargers while you are having signal issues?

The cheapo ones can cause issues if there is RF interference or ground loop issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

No not using any chargers at all. It's the Gamma version but I haven't had a chance to investigate it yet. the thing is sometimes it works fine and other times not......

• Advertisement
Advertisement