Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condell Road, Limerick

Options
  • 12-04-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Does anyone know if speed cameras have been installed on the pedestrian lights on the Condell Road in Limerick? I drove that way today & it looked like there was speed cameras installed. I also heard someone else mention it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There have been sensor-type cameras on the pedestrian crossing lights since they were put up. I think it's for safely timing the lights.

Not so sure about the new lights by Salesian's, but I haven't seen anything to suggest there could be speed cameras there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Speed camera signs have been erected along the stretches of road, on which the mobile cameras operate. Might it be this you've seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think these are just for monitoring traffic flow at the junctions so that the traffic lights change when traffic builds up.

040929_rfoster_mp_ict_trafficlights_sensor.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Irishdreamer

Thanks for all of the replies. I don't recall seeing any speed camera signs along the road. It might have just been the sensor-type cameras on the pedestrian crossing lights. I'll have to have a closer look tomorrow. Thanks again for replying :-D

Advertisement