Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ferroli bolier not working

Options
  • 02-01-2014 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all looking for some help with my central heating,
    I have a ferroli optimax 25 c boiler and its not working right. It started a while back when some of the radiators were heating up and some werent so I bled all rads and still wasnt right. I then tought that the rads were not balanced so I went online to find out how to do this myself. Found a good site that helped me do the job and happy days, rads and boiler were working fine (all rads heating perfect boiler not displaying any error codes) Then a couple of weeks ago the boiler stopped suddenly and displayed error code "th" which i think means too hot. I reset the boiler manually using the reset button and it fired up again and was working fine until yesterday. Heating was on, then the rads went cold boiler stopped and displayed error code "d" and i dont have a clue what it means. I let all the rads and water in the system cool for a few hours and reset the system which i tought worked because the boiler fired up perfect but after an hour I noticed that none of the rads were heating up, house is freezing!! Please help

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

moved across

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

fault code d is a delay caused when system is returning water that is up to (or slightly above) set temp. The delay is a deliberate safety feature to allow boiler to cool sufficiently before restarting,
    its more efficient than keep stopping and starting which would be very expensive and decrease life of your boiler.

system appears not to be balanced,
    hot water coming straight back too quickly without circulating through rads causing the boiler to shut down.

possible bypass problem!

what pressure is the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paulymcyoyo

Pressure in the system is 1.5, had a go at balancing again this morning but got the "d" then temperature on the boiler just dropped by the minute and cut out again. Think I just need a plumber who knows how to do it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Yep, rgii plumber is the way to go. what area are you in maybe some of the residents here can help you out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Could possibly be the diverter valve sticking, is hot water working ok?

• Advertisement
Advertisement