Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

I'm sure they are being clamped down on, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

yes Lubo, they are - and i'm sure the ploice will have taken any offenders to hand.

There ya go, hope you can sleep tonight now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Eirebear wrote: »
    yes Lubo, they are - and i'm sure the ploice will have taken any offenders to hand.

There ya go, hope you can sleep tonight now.

Not without my 'teddy bear'.
    See what I done there? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Same old IRA songs heard today in the celtic match. No surprise it will be sweeped under the carpet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Same old IRA songs heard today in the celtic match. No surprise it will be sweeped under the carpet though.

So what song exactly annoyed you so much?

'the rangers' fans who had it. Are these things not being clamped down on??
    izpbix.jpg

zlcglk.jpg

257n29v.jpg

Oh, so bloody what. One flare. ffs calm down, you just want to start stirring ****

So what song exactly annoyed you so much?
    Songs dedicated to the IRA. Not that it annoyed me but double standards really. I thought those songs had been banned like Oh ah up the RA?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

'the rangers' fans who had it. Are these things not being clamped down on??
    izpbix.jpg

zlcglk.jpg

257n29v.jpg

The moron that had the flare in his hand was lifted

Songs dedicated to the IRA. Not that it annoyed me but double standards really. I thought those songs had been banned like Oh ah up the RA?

Banned by who and which ones exactly?

• Advertisement

Oh, so bloody what. One flare. ffs calm down, you just want to start stirring ****

I hear what a lot of Bears in that area are saying it was dangerous there was more than one and they were left burning on the concrete steps which were not in the best of condition also one older man was choking and gasping for breath and had to be helped away from the area that why I have a problem with them

By the law. Oh ah up the RA was banned was it not?

By the law. Oh ah up the RA was banned was it not?

You tell me. You're the one bringing it up and once again you dont seem to know what your talking about.

I don't know what ones they were singing if any, but any to do with a proscribed organisation (this goes for all teams by the way) are now against the law though technically they were already and by the SPL

You tell me. You're the one bringing it up and once again you dont seem to know what your talking about.
    I do know what I am talking about. What I am saying is some songs got banned and some didn't. The full song book was out in force. When will Celtic fans stop singing tunes in the United Kingdom about the IRA?

I don't know what ones they were singing if any, but any to do with a proscribed organisation (this goes for all teams by the way) are now against the law though technically they were already and by the SPL

Didnt see the game myself so genuinely wondering what songs were sung that shouldn't have been. I seriously doubt that there were 'up the ra' chants but i could be wrong.

• Advertisement

Didnt see the game myself so genuinely wondering what songs were sung that shouldn't have been. I seriously doubt that there were 'up the ra' chants but i could be wrong.

They would be pretty daft to come out with that one

I do know what I am talking about. What I am saying is some songs got banned and some didn't. The full song book was out in force. When will Celtic fans stop singing tunes in the United Kingdom about the IRA?

Well then, tell me what banned songs were being sung today? Which songs were banned and which weren't?

They would be pretty daft to come out with that one

I agree but it's what Keith was suggesting.

I've no idea who that is so cant comment on its accuracy. So you cant or wont answer my questions? Fine, can't say i'm surprised.

• Advertisement

I've no idea who that is so cant comment on its accuracy. So you cant or wont answer my questions? Fine, can't say i'm surprised.
    Paul Hughes a journalist. It isn't a surprise to me that those songs are still being sung. Oh Ah up the RA has been banned. So why is it still being sung?

Paul Hughes a journalist. It isn't a surprise to me that those songs are still being sung. Oh Ah up the RA has been banned. So why is it still being sung?

Never heard of him, who does he wrote for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The Sun I believe.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    The Sun I believe.

nuff said

The Sun I believe.

nuff said
    Normally I would agree but what's he got to gain from putting it on twitter why not just put it in his crap paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Give it a rest FFS. This mockrage nonsense gets on my tits.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »

Have a word with Lubo then will ya?
    Poor lad's been struggling with his blood pressure all day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Oh FFS. Some numpty from the sun is offended. Good grief. What next?

Eirebear wrote: »

Have a word with Lubo then will ya?
    Poor lad's been struggling with his blood pressure all day!
    Haha, Lubo's blood pressure is in great shape old yin, thanks for the concern though.

Rangers fans didn't start it though, so don't complain when it comes back to bite you in the ass.

• Advertisement

http://www.rangersfc2012.co.uk/ Is this a new Rangers website??
    http://www.plus-sx.com/companies/plusCompanyDetail.html?securityId=10824
    DJ Rangers Football Club Plc Statement re Suspension

TIDMRFC

The Rangers Football Club P.L.C.

(the "Club", the "Company" or the "Group")

Statement re suspension

As a result of the delay in publishing its audited accounts to 30 June 2011 the
    board announce that the Company's shares have been suspended from trading on
    PLUS pursuant to Rule 51.

The delay has been caused as a result of finalising the audit, which the board
    believe will be complete on or around 31 January 2012. The delay in finalising
    the audit is principally related to the ongoing HMRC tax tribunal.

The board of the Rangers Football Club plc is currently considering the merit
    of maintaining its listing on the PLUS market after 6 May 2012 being the date
    12 months following the acquisition of the 85.3 per cent. holding of the
    Company by The Rangers FC Group Limited.

The Directors of The Rangers Football Club P.L.C. accept responsibility for
    this announcement.

END

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

January 09, 2012 07:46 ET (12:46 GMT)
    Rule 51

51 An issuer must publish annual audited accounts within the time frame required by the jurisdiction to which it is primarily subject or its applicable accounting standards or, if no such time frame is decreed, within a timetable which the issuer must agree in advance with PLUS

What are the implications of this?? Does it mean anything or just a standard procedure that is being taken care of?

Rangers home to Dundee United in next round of The Scottish Cup

http://www.rangersfc2012.co.uk/ Is this a new Rangers website??
    http://www.plus-sx.com/companies/plusCompanyDetail.html?securityId=10824
    DJ Rangers Football Club Plc Statement re Suspension

TIDMRFC

The Rangers Football Club P.L.C.

(the "Club", the "Company" or the "Group")

Statement re suspension

As a result of the delay in publishing its audited accounts to 30 June 2011 the
    board announce that the Company's shares have been suspended from trading on
    PLUS pursuant to Rule 51.

The delay has been caused as a result of finalising the audit, which the board
    believe will be complete on or around 31 January 2012. The delay in finalising
    the audit is principally related to the ongoing HMRC tax tribunal.

The board of the Rangers Football Club plc is currently considering the merit
    of maintaining its listing on the PLUS market after 6 May 2012 being the date
    12 months following the acquisition of the 85.3 per cent. holding of the
    Company by The Rangers FC Group Limited.

The Directors of The Rangers Football Club P.L.C. accept responsibility for
    this announcement.

END

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

January 09, 2012 07:46 ET (12:46 GMT)
    Rule 51

51 An issuer must publish annual audited accounts within the time frame required by the jurisdiction to which it is primarily subject or its applicable accounting standards or, if no such time frame is decreed, within a timetable which the issuer must agree in advance with PLUS

What are the implications of this?? Does it mean anything or just a standard procedure that is being taken care of?
    No implications right away a small chance we would be banned from Europe next season
    Looks as though we will be becoming a private ltd company

This is a logical conclusion from not having the accounts audited, these will not be signed off on until the end of the tribunal (which still hasn't ended).

This is a logical conclusion from not having the accounts audited, these will not be signed off on until the end of the tribunal (which still hasn't ended).

That's what I was thinking, so really this is just 'standard procedure' then and was really the next step in the whole process that's taking place.

If European ban for a season is the worst of your worries then sure what's all the fuss about?

Pretty much yeah, but once again it's bad publicity.

Pretty much yeah, but once again it's bad publicity.
    RFC Statement doesn't look at it as bad publicity, think Craig Whyte sees it as an opportunity for better things.
    RANGERS have today issued the following statement:
    The Club's board is currently considering the merit of maintaining its listing on the PLUS market after 6 May 2012.

The May 6 date will be 12 months following the acquisition of 85.3 per cent. holding by The Rangers FC Group Limited. The board is currently assessing the benefits of remaining a listed company on PLUS.

Chairman Craig Whyte said: "Given the structure of the shareholding in the Club, there is very little, if any, tangible benefit for the Club to be a listed company.

"The fact that the club has a majority shareholder controlling more than 80% means there is very little trading in shares. In reality, a public listing means more bureaucracy. Rangers does not need to remain a listed company in order for people to buy and sell their individual shares and since becoming chairman I have always questioned what is really being achieved with a public listing.

"Whether or not we are a listed company, accounts will still be published and there will still be a shareholders' AGM. All shareholders would be able to hold the directors to account."

As a result of the delay in publishing its audited accounts to 30 June 2011 the board announce that the Company's shares have been suspended from trading on PLUS pursuant to Rule 51.

The delay has been caused as a result of finalising the audit, which the board believe will be complete on or around 31 January 2012. The delay in finalising the audit is related to an ongoing HMRC tax tribunal.

Last year's postponed AGM will be held as soon as possible after the accounts are finalised.

I have no idea what his plan is in doing that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

In reality, a public listing means more bureaucracy

Whyte sniffs a loophole somewhere!

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Whyte sniffs a loophole somewhere!

More than likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

So Rangers are suspended from the Stock Exchange they're listed on and some are trying to put a positive spin on it???!!!

Whyte hasn't chosen to delist RFC, RFC have been told to bolt because it can't get an auditor to sign off on its accounts. Think this through folks.. where does this leave you now in any negotiations? It's just another sign of how badly run you are and how broke you seem to be (note my use of terminology, perception is more important that reality), anyone selling to you will want full payment up front, anyone buying from you will drop their prices hugely because they believe you're broke.

The more info that comes out the more likely it seems that you'll be going into administration.

So Rangers are suspended from the Stock Exchange they're listed on and some are trying to put a positive spin on it???!!!

Whyte hasn't chosen to delist RFC, RFC have been told to bolt because it can't get an auditor to sign off on its accounts. Think this through folks.. where does this leave you now in any negotiations? It's just another sign of how badly run you are and how broke you seem to be (note my use of terminology, perception is more important that reality), anyone selling to you will want full payment up front, anyone buying from you will drop their prices hugely because they believe you're broke.

The more info that comes out the more likely it seems that you'll be going into administration.

Erm, like I said: It's normal that the accounts aren't signed off yet since this will only happen AFTER the tribunal.

edit:

j0ktv7.jpg

SHOE V F! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Erm, like I said: It's normal that the accounts aren't signed off yet since this will only happen AFTER the tribunal.

edit:

j0ktv7.jpg

SHOE V F! ;)

Jesus, it looks like that pic is sponsored by Adidas!

At least it's not Nike :p

At least it's not Nike :p
    Or Admiral.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

I don't think that's true at all. Accounts should still be audited, regardless of the tribunal

And that is not good enough for a publicly listed company. It did however force Whyte into a decision, a self serving one.

Duncan Fraser, BBC Scotland Business and Economy Editor, summed up what I couldnt put my finger on yesterday.
    Trades on the Plus stock exchange can be small and infrequent. Less than £1,000 worth of Rangers shares have changed hands in only eight trades over the past two months.

It doesn't much matter to the Ibrox club if a handful of sellers can't find buyers, so directors are considering withdrawing from having Rangers shares publicly traded.

The downside of working within an exchange is that a company has to stick to rules on transparency, without which buyers of shares can't have confidence in what they're buying.

That's why it is important audited accounts are published. That's also why the Plus exchange forced Craig Whyte to admit in November he had been disqualified as a director for seven years.

Transparency can mean unwelcome publicity.

Whyte isnt a fan of doing his business in such a public manner, every decision scrutinised by other businessmen or by the media. Thats what he meant by the "In reality, a public listing means more bureaucracy" jibe imo. Whyte doesnt like any form of criticism, be it in a documentary by the BBC, transparency thats required by a stock exchange, or admitting anything about his shady past. The direction he now wants to go is not in the best interests of Rangers FC or its fans.

tommyhaas wrote: »
    I don't think that's true at all. Accounts should still be audited, regardless of the tribunal

It is true, nobody will independently audit their books until the outstanding tax case is resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Dempsey wrote: »
    It is true, nobody will independently audit their books until the outstanding tax case is resolved.

The accounts could still be audited though if the accountants agreed with the board regarding their status as a going concern no?

tommyhaas wrote: »
    The accounts could still be audited though if the accountants agreed with the board regarding their status as a going concern no?

The time period for a going concern is 12 months without being forced into liquidation. That guarantee cannot be given and no accountancy firm will cross the road for them unless they want to join them on the sinking ship. If you were an accountant, would you want to be liable in any way, shape or form for books held by Rangers/Whyte? If you valued your career, you would stay away until the state finish their sitting :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement