Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ISDN disconnection

Options
  • 15-01-2004 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this is on the wrong board....

I've got ISDN at home and want to get broadband soon. I realise that i'll have to downgrade the ISDN to a "normal" phone line to get BB.

Does anyone know if Eircom charge a disconnection fee and if so how much it is...

p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PsuedoSam

I am in the same process now (Newbridge, Co. Kildare). Yes they do charge. If I remember correctly it is well over 200 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I did the same thing yesterday. Changed from ISDN back to PSTN. You'll be charged €24.99 to bring back the old analog line

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

rymus,

Was it Eircom who charged you the €24.99? I enquired from Esat who says they charge €190 to switch from ISDN to PSTN (in order to gert BB) and Eircom want €225 for the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

as Eircom own the line, it's eircom that'll charge the €24.99. It'll just appear on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Thanks for the info rymus, looks like another rip-off, damn big difference between €24.99 and €225. Time for another phone call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Many thanks one and all...

I rang 1901 and asked them to get rid off the ISDN....told me it would cost €25. Now i admit i don't usually trust sales people so i'll wait with baited breath to see what i'm charged. Once that sorted i think i'll move over to ESAT...

Advertisement