Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaelscoil Mhic Amhlaigh v. Scoil Iognaid?

Options
  • 20-04-2015 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Have just been offered a place in a primary school for my eldest son starting school in September, having accepted an offer from another already. My choice is now between Gaelscoil Mhic Amhlaigh and Scol Iognaid -both very good schools, it would appear, but we need to make a decision at short notice so I would appreciate feedback from parents with children attending either of these schools on the pros and cons of each...I would rather not any observations from others as I just want honest comments on what is good and not so good about each school to help me decide on which school will suit my son best. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Dodder wrote: »
    Have just been offered a place in a primary school for my eldest son starting school in September, having accepted an offer from another already. My choice is now between Gaelscoil Mhic Amhlaigh and Scol Iognaid -both very good schools, it would appear, but we need to make a decision at short notice so I would appreciate feedback from parents with children attending either of these schools on the pros and cons of each...I would rather not any observations from others as I just want honest comments on what is good and not so good about each school to help me decide on which school will suit my son best. Thanks.

I attended the former and so did my brother. The quality of education is quite good, they're pretty strict on the speaking Irish part, but it only does you good at the end of the day, I'd recommend anyone the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wily minx

My eldest is in GMA, we're very impressed and our girl is very happy there. I have no Irish myself but it hasn't been a problem so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

My kids are in one and I have several friends with kids in the other. Both are very good schools. The only slight advantage with Scoil Iognaid is that it feeds into the Jes secondary school. GMA seems very musical- have seen large groups of children playing violin and whistle at church events.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

Both are very good schools. My son is a Jes kid (currently doing Leaving) so I would have a preference there.

I think the fact that Scoil Iognaid almost guarantees you a place in Colaiste Iognaid is a major plus.

Advertisement