Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange Pregnancy Dreams

• 25-05-2011 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭

When I first found out I was pregnant I had some bizarre dreams. I tend to have pretty odd dreams anyway, so I didn't think much of it. Then for the last couple of weeks I stopped remembering my dreams, I'd only remember snatches of them.
    But last night I had the weirdest dream so far!

I dreamt that I really really wanted to see the baby, so somehow (I don't remember how, and have no idea how...)... somehow we took the baby out to say hello!
    We had to sit in the bath with him cos the air would hurt his skin and lungs, so we kept having to kinda "dunk" him to keep him wet... kinda like a fish or something! :o
    SO the boyfriend and myself were sitting there in the bath with our teeny tiny baby, who was wearing a little red tshirt (again... no idea how!) and had a mop of dark hair, having ourselves a little cuddle with him. He was soo cute and kept scrunching his face up.
    I mostly remember sitting looking at my boyfriend holding him, and only vaguely remember holding him myself... I remember loving looking at our little baby in my boyfriends big strong arms. :D
    After a few minutes it was time to put him back so he could grow some more before being properly born, so I got out of the bath to... eh... put him back, and by then he had either turned into an easter egg, or an easter egg had grown around him... I'm not sure which it was. :eek: But it didn't change the fact that he had to go back to where he was meant to be for another while...

Woke up this morning properly "WTF"-ing!

I've had two other dreams so far, although a lot earlier on, about the baby... one where I dreamt that it was a boy and one of the guys I work with brought him to the zoo. Another dream was that is was a girl baby...I can't really remember anything else about the dream though!

So... I thought it might be fun to see what everyone else's pregnant subconscious is throwing at them during sleepy time... do many people "meet" their babies in their sleep?! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

I've had a few crazy dreams too since I got pregnant. I'm nearly 35 weeks now and haven't found out the sex of the baby.

The first weird dream was that I had the baby and it was moved to a room a floor above my room in the hospital and my sister was looking after it. (didn't know whether it was a boy or a girl) Anyway when I went up to see the baby, the baby had the head and the torso of a baby but the legs of about a 4 or 5 year old!!!! It just looked really strange!! Both my husband and I are tall and at the 20 week scan we were told that the baby's legs were measuring long. I think that's what brought on the dream.

Last weekend I dreamt that I had a baby girl and she had a mop of dark hair. Anyway by about day 3 the baby girl had changed into a baby boy! We were living at my parents house in their spare room. Weird when we only live about 2 miles away!!

A friend sent me text message the morning after that dream to tell me she had dreamt that she had delivered my baby and it was a girl!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

I had a really upsetting dream before I got pregnant. We're getting married next April and in the dream I was holding our little girl at our wedding. Except that she kept disappearing. I'd be walking along holding her and she'd just be gone and I'd be distraught. And of course it's a dream so I didn't question it when I got her back.

I'm 12 weeks pregnant now and the baby will be 3-4 months at the wedding. We had no plans to get pregnant - in fact he was really determined that we wouldn't be holding a little one at the wedding (that's already happened him before).

So of course I'm determined that it's going to be a little girl while he's hoping for a boy (he has three already and says that all he knows how to cope with).

Advertisement