Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study techniques

Options
  • 15-12-2013 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty much stumped when it comes to study. I TRY to write out notes whilst going through my textbooks, but it takes it's time. I was wondering if you have any other techniques that work and should I invest in any revision books? If so, please recommend some good ones.

For French, all I really need to work on is my grammar (tenses, prepositions etc) so, websites or books for these are greatly appreciated :)

Subjects:

English HL
    Maths HL
    Irish HL
    French HL
    Geography HL
    Accounting HL
    Physics OL (counting that out anyways)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Maybe writing out notes doesn't suit how you learn.
    Have you tried a more visual approach such as mind maps?

Until you become aware of what your own learning style is, techniques that work for others may not work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

spurious wrote: »
    Maybe writing out notes doesn't suit how you learn.
    Have you tried a more visual approach such as mind maps?

Until you become aware of what your own learning style is, techniques that work for others may not work for you.

Mhm, I agree. I've tried mind maps before, terrible at making them however :P what I tend to do for class tests and Sraith Pictiúr is to learn them just before I sleep, so that they're the last thought going into my head (also long term memory etc). But to do that for the LC and mocks would be suicide.

Advertisement