Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for study/revision :)

Options
  • 17-12-2013 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I have not begun studying yet and im aiming for 485 :/ I have nooooo clue where to even begin or how to begin or for how long i should even be studying one subject :/ Any suggestions on study plans or what you do that helps you get that information in the brain ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What subjects and levels are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Maths - just do exam papers over and over again. Correct them using your notes and if possible, examinations.ie.

Same goes for Accounting, if you do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MeganB

thelad95 wrote: »
    What subjects and levels are you doing?

Im doing English (HL) Religion (HL) French (HL) Art (HL) Accounting (HL) Maths (OL) Irish (OL) and Lcvp which I'm aiming to get a distinction in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RebelLAD1

you'll be doing very well to get 485 with only 5 honours subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭missguided

Find out what kind of learner you are and use study methods suitable to that (like mind maps, key words, recording yourself, repetition, writing out etc.)

Make a study plan. Not a gel pen one with everything coloured in neatly and that takes you an hour to do, just make a list of everything you want to achieve in a week in a subject and aim to get it done by every Sunday. You could assign subjects to each day but I find it easier to just do whatever I'm in the mood for that particular day.

Get enough sleep, it's next to impossible to study without sufficient sleep and you won't be efficient or able to retain information.

Exam papers exam papers exam papers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement