Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who owns a phone number?

Options
  • 19-02-2013 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Just something I was curious about. Who actually owns the phone number you are issued with a mobile provider? I've had mine for a long time now and old friends contact me on it. Would be awful to lose it.
    In the old days I'm guessing it was Eircell - 087, Esat - 086 etc... but would I be right in saying that it nowadays it's the property of whoever provides your service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Just something I was curious about. Who actually owns the phone number you are issued with a mobile provider? I've had mine for a long time now and old friends contact me on it. Would be awful to lose it.
    In the old days I'm guessing it was Eircell - 087, Esat - 086 etc... but would I be right in saying that it nowadays it's the property of whoever provides your service?

Comreg "owns" them.

Advertisement