Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on purchasing a Lumia 920/820

Options
  • 18-02-2013 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get hold of a Nokia Lumia 920 (or 820 if it turns out the differences aren't all that), but this being the first smartphone I've bought for myself, I'm sort of stumped as to how I should go about it without declaring war on my bank balance. If you could help me out with my decision, that'd be great.

I've had an iPhone 3G since December 2008 and with a cracked (but functional) screen and broken buttons, it's on its last legs. I toyed around with the idea of getting an iPhone 5 for a bit, but I'd like to move away from Apple for the time being.

I'm currently on a prepaid scheme with O2 (Experience, I think - free texts for a month with a €20 top-up), but translating that across to a Lumia would set me back something in the area of €500+, and I simply can't afford that. I'm willing to switch to a bill-pay plan if that's advisable, but from what I've read, I'd need to stay within a certain plan to avoid incurring penalties/caps.

I text quite a bit (perhaps 600+ a month at an estimate, maybe more) but don't call much. I don't use mobile internet much either, but that's probably because my current prepaid plan isn't really suited to it.

If bill pay is the way to go, what contract length should I be looking at (€80 a month is pushing the upper limits of my budget)? And are there any benefits for me staying with O2?

Muchos gracias in advance!

Advertisement