Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another new morning show for TV3

Options
  • 09-04-2009 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭

TV3 will be hoping to recreate the magic of Richard and Judy when it launches its new morning show next month.
    'The Morning Show with Sybil and Martin' will feature 'Xpose' reporter Sybil Mulcahy and weatherman Martin King and will be broadcast for an hour each weekday from 10am.
    Billed as "the perfect antidote to the recessionary blues", the duo will front the show from the TV3 studio in Dublin as well as also hitting the road to hear from people around the country.
    Producers say the new programme will reflect the real issues that affect everyone's lives, from relationships and children to health and wealth.

So ANOTHER moning TV show - and i don't really know how this compares to some parts of Ireland AM.
    So from next month there'll be:

7am Ireland AM
    10am The Morning Show
    11am ---
    12mid Midday

:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

iseegirls wrote: »
    So ANOTHER moning TV show - and i don't really know how this compares to some parts of Ireland AM.
    So from next month there'll be:

7am Ireland AM
    10am The Morning Show
    11am ---
    12mid Midday

:confused::confused:

Looks like Jeremy Kyle is off the TV for a while then...that can only be a good thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

'The Morning Show with Sybil and Martin' (...) Billed as "the perfect antidote to the recessionary blues"

If "the perfect antidote" is a weatherman with a peculiar speech pattern & ADD combined with a pound-shop grade knock off of a vapid "Entertainment tonight" roving reporter, then I think Im suffering from a different, more virulent strain of the "recessionary blues" than the rest of the country, because that line-up won't make me feel better at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I can't think of anything worse to put myself through. And why does everything have to come back to the recession? If I had "recessionary blues", it wouldn't be eased by watching two talentless presenters sitting in front of a bluescreen with a cheap background superimposed on it talking about the same crap The Afternoon Show / Midday / Whatever already deal with...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I thought they were cutting down on indigenous programming

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

They can't seriously be ditching the likes of The Political Party and Sports Tonight - the latter being a programme with a huge potential market and no other rival - and then be pulling money out to roll out a whole new programme.

Unless of course it's another Midday. That's incredibly cheap to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Sybil Mulcahy. Lols.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

http://www.tv3.ie/pr_sub.php?type=1&view_pr=33

Not sure when it starts but it seems to me that TV3 are moving their programming from late night to morning time with the exception of Nightly News. Haven't hear about Ursla Halligan's new show.

Anyway it just looks like Ireland AM is being extend to 2 hours.

07:00 - 10:00 Ireland AM
    10:00 - 11:00 The Morning Show
    11:00 - 12:00 Midday (Well they might take a break at 11:00 and let Midday go out at 12:00).

How many of the same type of show can you have?

Recession = More viewers for Ireland AM, Midday, The Afternoon Show, Seoige :) Happy days for TV3 who have being doing Recession programming for 10 years now.

legendal wrote: »
    Unless of course it's another Midday. That's incredibly cheap to do.

Of course it is, I am telling you all they are moving their programming from late night to daytime because it is cheaper to produce during the day. Sure it is the same old presenters no new talent and for a 10 year old station that is a hard thing to pull off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Sybil Mulcahy and weatherman Martin King

could they find too bigger fakes

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭iguy

Who's replacing martin king on midday.....oh and the political party has'nt been cancelled or anything,it is just on hiatus according to the tv3 website...also i heard a new sports show is in the pipeline at 6.40pm(news @ 5.30 and expose are to be given an extra 5mins each)...so to me it looks like tv3 is adding more home produced programming to thier schedules than they ever had before in one day.....also when britain's got talent is over tv3 are putting a motoring programme in it place.....

iguy wrote: »
    Who's replacing martin king on midday.....oh and the political party has'nt been cancelled or anything,it is just on hiatus according to the tv3 website...also i heard a new sports show is in the pipeline at 6.40pm(news @ 5.30 and expose are to be given an extra 5mins each)...so to me it looks like tv3 is adding more home produced programming to thier schedules than they ever had before in one day.....also when britain's got talent is over tv3 are putting a motoring programme in it place.....

What TV3 are doing is trying to insure a 24hr day. If we are to assume that all of these new programmes are coming on to TV3 what we have is

Ireland AM 3hrs (*5)
    The Morning Show 1hr (*5)
    Midday 1hr (*5)
    News @5:30 30mins (*5)
    Expose 30mins (*5)
    Sports News 30mins (I am adding the 2 extra 5 mins to this sports news) (*5)
    Nightly News 1hr (*4)

Totalling 36.5 (we will add 3.5 hours for other programming outside news for other programming) Total 40hrs therefore they have at least 6hours per day of Irish programming (mainly in house) 6hours making the other 14hours all imported programming.

Cheap Irish programming, extentions of their News and Information Department. Nothingn new, the same old TV3 presenters, nothing to get overly excited about it isn't like they are announcing a long running Drama series or a comedy series or a chat show or anything other then "News".

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭iguy

Alan Hughes is replacing Martin on midday...and Anna Daly is replacing Alan Hughes on Ireland AM.....I think it'll be very confusing with two Alans on midday,.plus did anyone see midday today,.Alan Hughes was asking more questions than Martin and i have to admit he was way better than Martin(the reason why i say "admit" is because i usually prefer Martin to Alan H.)......anyway what do people think about these changes.....

Alan Hughes is replacing Martin on midday...and Anna Daly is replacing Alan Hughes on Ireland AM.....I think it'll be very confusing with two Alans on midday,.plus did anyone see midday today,.Alan Hughes was asking more questions than Martin and i have to admit he was way better than Martin(the reason why i say "admit" is because i usually prefer Martin to Alan H.)......anyway what do people think about these changes.....

Alan ****ing Hughes should be got rid off shot. As for all the chopping and changing I would care if they brought in major presenters to present a Prime-time chat show. Now that would be a shake up not cheap Daytime TV made purely to make up the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

The sports show at 6.40 seems very wierd - i wonder will that go ahead?

The motoring show had been talked about for a while - is Rosanna Davison rumoured to be presenting it??
    Cheap Irish programming, extentions of their News and Information Department. Nothingn new, the same old TV3 presenters, nothing to get overly excited about it isn't like they are announcing a long running Drama series or a comedy series or a chat show or anything other then "News".

School Run, TV3's first ever home produced drama kinda flopped in the ratings back in December - i think it got around 170,000 (Don't quote me on that figure) but considering they spent a good bit of money on that - and it came in with that low rating - would you actually be surprised then that they are cautious about producing a drama series.
    Alan Hughes is replacing Martin on midday...and Anna Daly is replacing Alan Hughes on Ireland AM.....I think it'll be very confusing with two Alans on midday

Ithink it's really bad with all this chopping-changing going on. There must be no new talent out there at all so in TV3's eyes. Although Martin King won't really be missed on Midday - he is most often out-voiced by Alan Cantwell on most topics on the show.

School Run, TV3's first ever home produced drama kinda flopped in the ratings back in December - i think it got around 170,000 (Don't quote me on that figure) but considering they spent a good bit of money on that - and it came in with that low rating - would you actually be surprised then that they are cautious about producing a drama series.

LOL they got license fee money for their first drama. When you don't succeed try try again, don't just give the **** up.

Cautious: No intention! no inspiration! happy that it gives them reason not to.

The motoring show had been talked about for a while - is Rosanna Davison rumoured to be presenting it??

Can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TvWatcher

Ireland AM 3hrs
    The Morning Show 1hr (same studio as above, same crew)
    Midday 1hr (same studio as above, same crew)

These are all essentially the same show in the same space with the same crew, ie: this is a cheap way to ensure that TV3 remain within the law by adhering to a statutory minimum of home-production. This is the fault of the BCI, who make no distinction about what type of home-production it should be, hence the majority of TV3's home-production consists of a couch, a face and lots of shiny dresses, with junket VTs distributed by Universal and Warners.

It's Television. Just about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

the vincent browne show and their sports coverage are also in the same studio, just different table/bluescreen, beyond cheap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

TvWatcher wrote: »
    Ireland AM 3hrs
    The Morning Show 1hr (same studio as above, same crew)
    Midday 1hr (same studio as above, same crew)

These are all essentially the same show in the same space with the same crew, ie: this is a cheap way to ensure that TV3 remain within the law by adhering to a statutory minimum of home-production. This is the fault of the BCI, who make no distinction about what type of home-production it should be, hence the majority of TV3's home-production consists of a couch, a face and lots of shiny dresses, with junket VTs distributed by Universal and Warners.

It's Television. Just about.

Exactly pure tokenage

• Advertisement

Starts Monday at 11:00 after Jeremy Kyle.

I notice they have new graphics and set for Ireland AM. They look allot better then previous pity they can't get rid of that music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

them sitting in that kitchen, that cardigan, that smary face of sybil ugh

them sitting in that kitchen, that cardigan, that smary face of sybil ugh

Seems to be the same set as the Ireland AM set, could they not have changed the sofa at least? An extension of Ireland AM, hence the reason why it is on after Jeremy Kyle.

Why all the stuff about household budgets do they have nothing else to talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Yeah it's not that great at all. It's basically Sybil and Martin taking to someone about their problems - they ask them questions of the usual - how? Where? When? Why? etc . . .

But as was said before - this is very cheap with the same studio and the same TV3 presenters - so no change in their salary anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SCRATCHY32

she has got some of the sexiest legs on irish tv up there with sinead desmond her legs always look great in those glossy tights but the sexiest one on tv 3 no one comes close is elaine crowley anyone know if she is single any way heres a link to see sexy sybs stunning legs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG02Mi9Or4g

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭claireloopy

God I hate that Alan guy. He loves the sound of his own voice and he always has to be right hes nearly as bad as that idiot on at 11pm moaning too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

SCRATCHY32 wrote: »
    she has got some of the sexiest legs on irish tv up there with sinead desmond her legs always look great in those glossy tights but the sexiest one on tv 3 no one comes close is elaine crowley anyone know if she is single any way heres a link to see sexy sybs stunning legs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG02Mi9Or4g

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Her head would make an excellent football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SCRATCHY32

Her head would make an excellent football

i would definately like to score one in her net

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Lisa Cannon on Xposé is the hottest chick on Irish tv. Sinead Desmond?....pfft!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

grenache wrote: »
    Lisa Cannon on Xposé is the hottest chick on Irish tv. Sinead Desmond?....pfft!

Yeah she's deadly :D Knows her films too

Advertisement