Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling a Toll Free from Irish Landline to American Toll Free Number?

Options
  • 26-11-2015 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Just wondering if calling a number from Irish landline like 844-411-5411 which was an American toll free on a wrestling website would cost any money? It says its toll free but does that mean its only toll free inside the country of origin or does it mean toll free regardless of what country? I called from an Vodafone Irish landline and was on around 20 minutes if anyone knows the rates would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Nichard Dixon

It will probably be charged as a regular call to the US.

Only 00800 numbers are internationally toll free and sometimes not even then from mobiles and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

It will probably be charged as a regular call to the US.

Only 00800 numbers are internationally toll free and sometimes not even then from mobiles and the like.

Thanks for your comment would you know how much per minute it would cost if it was from a Vodafone landline under their tariff?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

It will cost you the same as a regular call to USA unfortunately.

Google Hangouts Dialler app allows you to call America & Canada for free.

Arbie wrote: »
    It will cost you the same as a regular call to USA unfortunately.

Google Hangouts Dialler app allows you to call America & Canada for free.

Oh thanks for the advice I saw that you can do something similar with Skype without having to use Skype credits.

And from this page it should be 12 cents per minute?:

http://www.vodafone.ie/home-phone-broadband/charges/

Skype won't charge for this type of call, that's what I would use.

In general if you don't have a good tariff for INtl, then Telesavers is worth a look
    http://www.telesavers.ie/index2.php

• Advertisement

Skype won't charge for this type of call, that's what I would use.

In general if you don't have a good tariff for INtl, then Telesavers is worth a look
    http://www.telesavers.ie/index2.php

Oh right thats for the link appreciate it and used Skype recently and it worked really well just as good as a landline I will check this out for future though thanks :)

Just to ask with the number I provided this would not be considered an International Premium Rate number then based on Vodafone @ home landline charges it says it would be €7 per minute I was on for between 20-30 minutes which is between €140-€210 or would it be considered a US landline number?

MrLucidLJ wrote: »
    Just to ask with the number I provided this would not be considered an International Premium Rate number then based on Vodafone @ home landline charges it says it would be €7 per minute I was on for between 20-30 minutes which is between €140-€210 or would it be considered a US landline number?

If the number is toll free then it is not premium rate number.
    There is a Vodafone forum here, maybe best to ask them?

If the number is toll free then it is not premium rate number.
    There is a Vodafone forum here, maybe best to ask them?

And on the site I called this one : http://www.f4wonline.com/ it says on the right side down that it is toll free with the number I provided. I asked on chat Vodafone on their site earlier they think it could be the regular on 12 cents per minute I would be beyond annoyed if it was more and could you link me to that page would be much appreciated and thanks for your help and advice so far :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement