Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire HD software update

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Are both of you guys on vodafone?

A few people on xda saying that HTC have pulled the 1.73 update and it cant be downloaded so they must be finally recognising the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Yup - on Vodafone, haven't tried the 1.75 download yet, will wait until I hear back that it's OK.

Was it just the 1.73 downloads that were causing the problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,016 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My desire HD is on Meteor (unbranded) and it is giving me trouble over the last few days, but at no point since I got the phone in early december have I got an update (have checked for one regularly).

My bluetooth has gone weird - no longer shows battery information or signal strength on the handsfree kit. The phone deleted all my text messages. Wouldn't load into a conversation this morning until i turned the phone off/on.

Anyone have similar issues?

Mitch, have you checked what software version you're running? If it's 1.73, it seems likely this is the cause.
    As far as I know all other s/w versions have been stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,016 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mitch, have you checked what software version you're running? If it's 1.73, it seems likely this is the cause.
    As far as I know all other s/w versions have been stable.

where would that be on the phone?

S/W info gas a load of info, but nothing similar to 1.73 noted.

Baseband 12.28b....
    Kernel 2.6.21....
    Build Number 1.32.405.6

• Advertisement

When I go to:
    Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information.
    My current software number is 1.39.161.1

But my phone has come up with a notification that a new software version is available for download, when I click on the notification it tells me the version is: 1.75.161.2_R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

I had a notification that update version 1.72.405.3.r2 was available on the 3rd and declined to upgrade, now when I check for upgrade it tells me none is available

My software version is 1.32.405.6, no idea whats happening

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Just got a notification about 1.75.161.2_R I'm on Vodafone.

Have downloaded the above software a few days ago with no problems to report,SO FAR:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm STILL stuck on 1.27.405.1 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Have downloaded the above software a few days ago with no problems to report,SO FAR:eek:

Ditto here, has been working fine.

I bought the phone shortly after Xmas and searched for an upgrade. Came up straight away.

Works fine :) I love my HTC!

• Advertisement

You're always living in the past Damo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Just updated, still getting the alerts for texts. My problem is the damn notification at the top of the screen doesnt auto-clear, you have to go in and manually clear it each time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

The 8gb is a Samsung one I had bout. The 4gb is the one that came with the phone so think. That being said. I've put back the 8gb and selected the USB debugging and the phone is still perfect, running really fast. like a diff phone.
    Still awaiting the OTA update but least for now the phone is working on par with my old Desire.
    Thanks for help guys.

Well still haven't gotten either of the updates from HTC yet, the interim or the new one that's been recently released. HTC as of yesterday confirmed that they are still pushing the firmware.

That being said with the USB debugging still on, my phone is up to its old tricks again, when it syncs the phone just locks up completely. I have to wait for like 30 seconds for the sms application to even start. Seriously getting annoyed now with phone, I didn't have 1 second of issue with my standard Desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

My problems seem to be extending since the 2.2.1 update, internet browser is now prone to freezing and crashing fairly ofter, its making the phone kinda pants to use compared to what it was before.

I gave my ticket with htc a bump and got this reply
    Thank you for contacting us about your issue. Currently we are still in analysis and will inform you once we have reached a conclusion. In most cases, we are ready to handle diagnosis and solve your issues. However this situation does require investigation. I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

Any more updates about the updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

What operator are you on Damo?

Would it be possible to start a poll for HD owners asking what network they're on and experiences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

1.32.405.6 on Vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Darlings

Software 1.72.405.3 and on Vodafone.
    The main problem is since the update on Christmas Eve I don't get alerted for some but not all test messages. When I select messages on home screen often there are unread messages which I got no alert for. As a result I have to keep checking phone for meaasge....pain in the ass.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Darlings wrote: »
    The main problem is since the update on Christmas Eve I don't get alerted for some but not all test messages. When I select messages on home screen often there are unread messages which I got no alert for. As a result I have to keep checking phone for meaasge....pain in the ass.:mad:

Use a 3rd party app like go sms or handsent. sorted

Darlings wrote: »

Vodafone are now on 1.75.161.2_R as far as I know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Thats what I'm on here with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

seanybiker wrote: »
    1.32.405.6 on Vodafone
    i'm on the same sw version with meteor and its saying no updates.

my biggest problem is the screen draining the battery all the time. i've turned the brightness down to minimum but it's still over 70% of my power usage, even tho i've been using the wifi & 3g almost all day.

i've only had it a few days but i've rooted it already so i might try a few roms at the weekend to see what difference it'll make.

i was looking at leedroid which looks pretty good. anyone got any recommendations? guilt free obviously, as always i'm (and everyone else is also) responsible for my own actions. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well I haven't gotten it. I'm stuck on 1.72.405.3 and there's no updates (I just checked).

The e-mail notification is annoying - I almost missed out on meeting friends asa result.
    More annoying still is the fact that I've now twice had all my messages deleted. I didn't backup but I shouldn't have to! Do any of the alternate SMS apps offer more reliability?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Technophobe

ixoy wrote: »
    Well I haven't gotten it. I'm stuck on 1.72.405.3 and there's no updates (I just checked).

The e-mail notification is annoying - I almost missed out on meeting friends asa result.
    More annoying still is the fact that I've now twice had all my messages deleted. I didn't backup but I shouldn't have to! Do any of the alternate SMS apps offer more reliability?

I am still on 1.72.405.3 also (with Vodafone) and on Wednesday, my "Messages" app was playin up something terrible...when I did eventually get it back, a load of my messages were deleted too...:eek:
    what gives...?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Technophobe, Im on the same version and have just lost all my messages. How did you get your messages back? Any particular program?

Still no updates available showing on mine either :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,848 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I bought my Desire Hd on the 20th of January from meteor and iv tried to find this update but its just not there

whats up ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Headshot wrote: »
    I bought my Desire Hd on the 20th of January from meteor and iv tried to find this update but its just not there

whats up ?
    It's a known issue - see it here on the Google Android bugs page. Happening to lots of people, not all of which are on Desire phones. No sign of it being fixed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,848 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ixoy wrote: »
    It's a known issue - see it here on the Google Android bugs page. Happening to lots of people, not all of which are on Desire phones. No sign of it being fixed either.

thanks ixoy, I think ill stay with my current software, works perfectly anyway

out of interest what new things/fixes are in the new update?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Technophobe

GBX wrote: »
    Technophobe, Im on the same version and have just lost all my messages. How did you get your messages back? Any particular program?

Still no updates available showing on mine either :confused:

Howya

Didn't get them back but didnt really try either..figure I can live without..but if ya find a way to get them back let me know..:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement