Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey-easy to find?

Options
  • 12-12-2014 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

just wondering, does anyone know offhand if Tesco or Dunnes sell this type of whisky:
    "Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Woodford Reserve".

One of my friends drank it on her boyfriend…apparently it was a special one he had gotten for his birthday so she has to replace it before Wednesday or she's in trouble!!

I haven't a clue about whiskeys so maybe its not that hard to find. Just thought I'd ask!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tesco occasionally have Woodford and O'Briens almost always do. Bigger branch is better for both. Wide flat bottle. Not horribly dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you're in Dublin, try Redmonds of Ranelagh or Celtic Whiskey.

It's a relatively common bourbon, once you find a place that sells bourbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

If it was a special one, it may not have been the standard Woodford Reserve. She may be best taking a photo of the bottle and bringing it in to the Celtic Whiskey Store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OldBean wrote: »
    If it was a special one, it may not have been the standard Woodford Reserve. She may be best taking a photo of the bottle and bringing it in to the Celtic Whiskey Store?

Good point, though I'd suspect for most people, standard Woodford Reserve would be considered special enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

O'Briens do it as well.

http://www.obrienswine.ie/woodford-reserve-75cl.html?___SID=U

It's one of the few Bourdons that I actually like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

Cheers guys. Turns out she got a bottle yesterday in a Next Door!
    The way she was talking to me last week, I thought it was some super special whiskey..didnt think she'd get it as handy as she did.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Glad you got sorted. I had terrible notions of one of their limited edition malt offerings being replaced by the normal bottle. Wouldn't have been a merry Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If you see a bottle with a Redbreast 21 yr old label on it don't drink it. That would hurt to replace :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement