Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Repair

Options
  • 30-10-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi all, Unfortunately yesterday I dropped my S4 and it shattered the bottom corner of the screen. This cause a few tiny cracks going along the middle of the screen. There has been no problems with the screen so far. I am thinking if I got a Screen protector and placed it over the damaged area would that stop it from spreading throughout the screen? Would anyone know of a good screen repair shop around South Dublin? Looking for cheap as possible. And could someone recommend a good case to get to protect the phone in future. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

The screen protector wont help now, it is only going to get worse. Id recommend getting it fixed asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭TomCleverly

If your going with the getting the screen repaired I'd recomend sorting it yourself. There's plenty of guides around online that'd help you sail through it and you'd save yourself some money also, last time my s3 screen broke I sorted it myself no bother. The screen and digitizer set me back round 170 including delivery and all the tools needed were sent with it and a screen protecter. The shops round me were looking for 220-250 to fix it. Not sure what prices would be for an s4 but I'd have a look around online and compare to any shops you'd find around. If you opt with the DIY route make sure you get the screen and a digitizer, not just a screen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

If your going with the getting the screen repaired I'd recomend sorting it yourself. There's plenty of guides around online that'd help you sail through it and you'd save yourself some money also, last time my s3 screen broke I sorted it myself no bother. The screen and digitizer set me back round 170 including delivery and all the tools needed were sent with it and a screen protecter. The shops round me were looking for 220-250 to fix it. Not sure what prices would be for an s4 but I'd have a look around online and compare to any shops you'd find around. If you opt with the DIY route make sure you get the screen and a digitizer, not just a screen.

I thought about doing this with an s4 recently, its an awful lot of work and tbh, for the sake of €25/30 id rather have someone else do it as if they do anything wrong they are responsible.

I got it fixed for €190

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

www.fonfix.ie based in sandyford will repair the screen for €141 and have it done in about 2 hours, I completely shattered my screen and sent it to them. The repair was done with genuine parts and top job done on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

jonny24ie wrote: »
    www.fonfix.ie based in sandyford will repair the screen for €141 and have it done in about 2 hours, I completely shattered my screen and sent it to them. The repair was done with genuine parts and top job done on it.

Definitely this price?

Coming up at 161 on their site (which is still a good bargain) but my problem is you've no way of knowing the repair on that site.

It basically just let's me pick make and model of phone,: then gives 161 price for repair. It says that covers repairs no matter how Big or small.

I'm in need of a new digitizer;/screen also atm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Definitely this price?

Coming up at 161 on their site (which is still a good bargain) but my problem is you've no way of knowing the repair on that site.

It basically just let's me pick make and model of phone,: then gives 161 price for repair. It says that covers repairs no matter how Big or small.

I'm in need of a new digitizer;/screen also atm.

Well it was 141 for me when I got mine done. The online quote is for all repairs no matter how big or small a job its the price youll pay and no more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

I've a small crack on my galaxy s4 doesn't affect the digitalizer or nothing. Anyone know how much this might coSt?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

Samsung screens are very expensive to fix

for any phone,buy a phone cover

I see a lot of people drop phones

here is how some one fixes it

http://blog.jcdrepair.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-screen-repair-has-arrived/1015

Advertisement