Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AWS Instance not reflecting changes.

Options
  • 14-07-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

EDIT: Resolved. Mods, please feel free to delete. Thanks.

I have an AWS instance set up with apache and git that I am going to use to host my blog, which is hosted on github (private repo).

Usually, I can ssh into the instance and then pull changes down or switch branch on the repo, however this doesn't seem to work for me now.

I am using a new virtual machine with Ubuntu (precise) but have no trouble logging in. I have switched to a branch that has a lot of changes to it and restarted apache, as well as rebooting the instance from the AWS console but the changes aren't reflected on the live site?

This strikes me as weird because the code is almost completely different now on the actual server but any requests made to it result in the old code being displayed.

Is there anything I can do to force the issue?

Also, I have done this plenty of times in the past and the changes were reflected inside of a couple of minutes.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Can you post the solution as it may be useful for someone in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

Em sure!

When you clone the repo.. clone it into the right folder on your server! (duh)

I had my repo set up at the root level of the apache install as opposed to /var/www

Schoolboy error. ;)

Advertisement