Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flat Mount Telecaster Jack?

• 18-08-2015 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Hey I'm just wondering, I intend on getting a telecaster whenever I can afford one but I'm wondering if it's possible to get a flat mounted jack that means I could use an angled cable jack to plug into it.

I know I could get an LP style one and drill some holes but would be handy if I didn't have to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

That's what comes as standard on Teles. Or am I misunderstanding you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

noby wrote: »
    That's what comes as standard on Teles. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Yes you are misunderstanding me. If you try to put a right angled cable into a standard tele jack it won't fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

rgjmce wrote: »
    Yes you are misunderstanding me. If you try to put a right angled cable into a standard tele jack it won't fit

Aah right, the vintage style cup jack? Sorry, I have a MP Tele where the jack is more flush. A quick Google shows certain types of less will fit it ( e.g. Fenders coil type), which would obviously be easier than modifying the guitar.

noby wrote: »
    Aah right, the vintage style cup jack? Sorry, I have a MP Tele where the jack is more flush. A quick Google shows certain types of less will fit it ( e.g. Fenders coil type), which would obviously be easier than modifying the guitar.

Yeah I'm looking for an alternative to the cup style jack, which I think all Fender Tele's come with.

Having said all of that I'm planning on getting a Standard Mexi so maybe that might already have the jack I'm looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

rgjmce wrote: »
    Yeah I'm looking for an alternative to the cup style jack, which I think all Fender Tele's come with.

Having said all of that I'm planning on getting a Standard Mexi so maybe that might already have the jack I'm looking for.

You can definitely put an angled cable in a Mexican Standard Tele. That's the setup I use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Here's pics (attached). Sorry, I can't upload them to a hosting site at the moment to display them inline.

phutyle wrote: »
    Here's pics (attached). Sorry, I can't upload them to a hosting site at the moment to display them inline.

Oh great, didn't realise. Much appreciated.

Advertisement