Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair shop for effects board?

Options
  • 09-08-2015 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I sold an effects board recently on Adverts. It belonged to a friend who asked me to sell it as he's out of the country. I tested it before selling and while it didn't work with the power supply (and I tried several) it did work using batteries.

With this in mind, I reduced the price and mentioned the power supply issue. Sold it to a lad, but he's said since it's not powering on for him even with batteries.

We've talked and he's asked me to see where could look into a repair on it as he lives down the country.

Can anyone recommend either a person or a shop who'd take a look at it to see what's wrong?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

What is the make and model Jimmy?

some can be an easy fix, others are a nightmare or not worth the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

The Master wrote: »
    What is the make and model Jimmy?

some can be an easy fix, others are a nightmare or not worth the cost

Boss ME-50?

http://www.adverts.ie/guitar-effects/boss-me-50-effects-pedal-board/8519377

I'm kinda stuck in a quandry. I checked the batteries worked before I sold it, but the buyer doesn't seem the scamming type and I don't wanna see him out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

If it's working with batteries it could be a simple case of the power supply jack not working.

Check out Moose's custom electronics on Facebook, he's done a few repairs for me on pedals, sound bloke and top notch work.

Advertisement