Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Remote

Options
  • 16-06-2005 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

looking to set up my Sky remote with a new tv and cant find the section on the interactive menu. anyone know where they have moved it to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

In a weird (yet strangely typical) move by Sky the interactive customer care has been removed (or at least greatly reduced) from Irish subscriptions. If you have a FTV card put that in and you should be able to access the remote setup pages without any trouble.

It has ahem dissappeared.
    We're Irish you see with photographic memories and sky took it away with recent updates.

It doesnt appear to be on the UK sub card either but theres a trouple shhooting page that it has that the Irish card doesnt.

Are they having rights issues with trouble shooting and remote codes now... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i have nothing better to do this afternoon. i shall ring sky and complain to see what they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

so i ring
    wait patiently for about 10 seconds
    very prompt i though
    Scottish Girl: thanks for calling etc. etc.
    Me: where on the sky box would i find how to setup my sky remote with the tv, it was there before but seems to have vanished
    Scottish Girl: one moment till i check ikf any changes have been made.....
    .....40 seconds later
    Scottish Girl: if you go to interactive on your Sky remote and select Sky Customer Channel it will give you another menu with Technical Assistance, follow that and you will be able to set up your remote
    Me: that option isnt there, maybe it is different for Irish subscribers
    Scottish Girl: the sky service in Ireland and the UK is identical, there are no differences what so ever
    Me: if you say so

call ended

useless CS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

maybe we should all try it and give them a call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

At least Digital Spy still has 'em...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/satellite/remote/

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Advertisement