Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-06-2012, 23:05   #1
Departed

Dgiweb? Any good?

A digiweb rep came to me last week. he had a 30mb download speed package he said was consistent as it 'goes on the roof'. Was in a hurry so did not get time to talk to him. is that satelite and is it any good
Advertisement
26-06-2012, 09:05   #2
nilhg

Most likely to have been Metro, don't have it myself (not available here unfortunately) but my understanding is that it's a good product.
26-06-2012, 14:39   #3
cunnijo

Hi

The 30MB that the rep was selling is the Metro service. This is a fixed wireless service consisting of an aerial on your roof which is linked to a small cable modem. There are 2 speeds available 8MB/1MB - Metro Home and 30MB/1MB Metro Express. There is an optional phone service along with this, which is approx. €5 extra per month. It is ideal if your are not served by UPC or cannot get DSL (Eircom).

As regards the 30MB mentioned it currently is presently NOT consistant. I am with Digiweb a couple of years now and I have their Metro product, upgraded last March from Metro Home 8MB (which is consistant I may add) and am not getting anything close to the 30MB stated by the rep. The issue is with their technical support currently.

If you wish see what they are offering on http://www.digiweb.ie. However I would suggest if UPC is available where you live that I would consider looking at it, I will be doing it if Digiweb do not supply the "consistant" 30MB service.

John

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion