Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange problem I am having

Options
  • 17-06-2005 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭

I have a Comag SL55 with the 80cm dish from Lidl. While it may not be the greatest receviver in the world, it does me just fine. Onto this I have put a Diseq motor that I got from Zintek in tallaght. So, all in all I have a motorised setup for €200.

Now then, on this I have the following satellites setup

Hotbird 13e
    Astra 1 19.2e
    Eutelsat 16e
    Astra 2 28.2e
    Eurobird 28.5e

Notice a trend their? All the sats I have set up are in the east.... When I try and set something up in the west, I can't find anything. i know that they are there, I read about them!! but for some reason, my little comag refuses to find anything.

I thought that maybe the dish was out of alignment, but surely if that was the case, I would have trouble getting in any channels. There are no trees or buildings in the way and the dish has 180degree turning angle (should it need it..).

anyway, I am confused. The signal and quality on the above sats are all in and around the 70% to 80% area and even during the storms / heavy wind and rain, a lot of them still remained watchable.

anyone got any ideas? By the way, the comag is not "software upgraded" in any way shape or form.

Thanks,
    MJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

It's not the Comag. The motor is not properly aligned.
    Pic
    This is a brillant discription, unfortunally in german.
    Maybe one of the pro's here can put it into words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dfmips1

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Paste it into the box, select language to convert it to & voila, free translation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

The same thing as béarla.

Table.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

Brilliant!! I did the freetranslation thing and this is what I got! :D:D:D

"Satellite, that lie in direct vicinity of our abgespeicherten position, to will be received with almost 100% it security also. But how it with the external positions be becomes, hangs therefrom off how exactly we undertook the alignment. Therefore it becomes now especially exciting if we go the motor on the most western and/or most eastern Satposition, that we want to receive. The attitude takes place now via the remote control of the Receivers. We review the signal quality how above described. At the same time we recommend the steps for step method. That means: step for step the satellite train depart and arrange the unit. Best we begin east with 28° and 1° west. We turn on a TV-program, which lies on the position 1° west. He who saved no Settings in the Digitalreceiver, must input now a Transponder on this position manually. We go the motor toward west. As soon as we receive a signal, we try to obtain this by means of the signal strength notice at the Receiver the optimum. The position is stored in the Receiver. The nose of the motor plug should lie now west in ca. 16° on the motor degree scale. The motor is moved toward East now. We want to view here whether we can receive the 2nd Astraposition (28,2°Ost). We advance described just as above. Only here the nose of the motor plug shows east on ca. 15.8°. These manual position that which is sought east results now also for the satellites on 36° and 15° west, 42° east and 22° west as well as 60° east and 30° west.

At the same time these results are possible: the reception is optimal because our attitudes were very careful. We can make ourselves on that, all remaining positions also off storage." :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

Emmmm... thanks I think for all those posts :) specially the one Smeagol !

MJ

• Advertisement
Advertisement