Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Plus

• 16-06-2005 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

I've had it with multiroom installed, very neat job I must say and impressive. Now for a couple of questions:

I recorded The Tuxedo for Sky Movies 2, in DD 5.1, it lasted 120 minutes and took up 7% of the disk space, last night I recored Insomnia from RTÉ ONE, missed the first 15 minutes, so the total record time was 119 minutes, it was regular stereo sound, but it took up 12% of the hard drive!!!!! How is this possible? Surely the DOG didn't add 2GB to the data stream???

Second question, the box is connected to my DVD recorder, I've tryed to copy from the Sky+ Planner to a DVD from Ext1, but got No Signal, then tried Ext2, same thing again, any idea what the problem is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

The bit rate for RTE1 is higher than the bit rate for Sky Movies, hence more disk space for Insomnia.

Need more info on how the DVD recorder is connected. I would suggest connecting the TV scart on the Sky+ to the TV and connecting the VCR scart on Sky+ to the DVD recorder's scart socket (scart 1 if there are 2 available). Then it's simply a case of setting the DVD recorder to record from that scart (could be called EXT1, AV1 or LINE1).

The sky plus would be recording the extra DD5.1 information.
    (heh extra being less)

The DVD recorder cant and won't co operate with a sky planner-its not licenced to do so, nor is the software compatable afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Round Cable

Thanks for the replies, the problem was as simple as could be; the bloody scart was lose, so all is working now. RTÉ broadcasts in almost twice the bitrate as Sky Movies, I suppose that's the price to pay for having 11 screens.

Advertisement