Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair infraction.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Luke92 wrote: »
    I got an infraction off a mod. I think its uncalled for. It was on this thread http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057295711/1

Could someone review it please?

Hi Luke,

I'll have a look into this for you.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

I've had a look at this. I can see how the mod judgement was arrived at, in that they were dealing with a contentious thread with a number of flaming posts already there, and they took the view that you were comparing the OP's daughter to the Bolger killers.

My own view would be that while bringing up the Bolger case is never going to be something people are happy with, it does make the point that children can be evil. More to the point, it's one of the few open and shut cases where the fact has been effectively demonstrated in law.

So I would agree that you were being supportive of the OP, against a thread in which most people were flatly contradicting her view that her child was evil, or indeed even the possibility of children being evil.

I don't see, therefore, that you were contravening the mod warning about flaming the OP. I think you had a valid point, and used a well-known case to make that point in an entirely valid manner. The Bolger case is, however, a sufficiently emotive subject that you need to be very careful using it even in a valid way!

As such, I agree that the infraction should be reversed.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

I know its a touchy subject and should thread very carefully with it. But thanks for being able to see that I was agreeing with the op and not attacking her in any way. And that my point, however emotive of a subject, was valid.

No problem.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Marked as resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement