Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent ban

Options
  • 16-09-2014 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

From After Hours

I got a 3 day ban and then it was permanent for posting a link about Peadofiles
    in Pakistan.

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,278 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Hootanany,

Have you PM'ed the mod to discuss? If not, please do so, or indicate here that no resolution could be reached in which case I'll take a look over this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

No I didn't I think it will be a waste of time to be honest, Thanks for coming back to me.

Well, please PM and discuss with the mod first. It's often the quickest and best way to clarify matters and try to come to a resolution. If you can't come to a resolution or receive no response after 2 days, post here and I'll take a look at it then. Thanks.

Hi Penn
    I have PM the Mod slight dissussion and then nothing they might be away I do not know.

Okay, I'll have a look over this and get back to you.

• Advertisement

Thanks

Hi Hootanany,

The reason why the original 3-day ban was issued, was because you linked to an article about paedophiles in Pakistan. However, you did this in a thread where it had no relevance, and most likely in an attempt to link race/ethnicity to paedophilia.

The reason the ban was upgraded to permanent, was because it's not the first time you've made similar offensive remarks, including (but not limited to) referring to a taxi driver as "A Black", saying of Nigerians "their money is coming from scamming social welfare or drug dealing", and referring to African people as "Sub Saharan Scroungers".

That, coupled with your repeated complaining about "PC Brigades", repeated antagonism and with the other general warnings/infractions/bans you've received, warrant a permaban. As such, the ban is upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

Penn wrote: »
    Hi Hootanany,

The reason why the original 3-day ban was issued, was because you linked to an article about paedophiles in Pakistan. However, you did this in a thread where it had no relevance, and most likely in an attempt to link race/ethnicity to paedophilia.

The reason the ban was upgraded to permanent, was because it's not the first time you've made similar offensive remarks, including (but not limited to) referring to a taxi driver as "A Black", saying of Nigerians "their money is coming from scamming social welfare or drug dealing", and referring to African people as "Sub Saharan Scroungers".

That, coupled with your repeated complaining about "PC Brigades", repeated antagonism and with the other general warnings/infractions/bans you've received, warrant a permaban. As such, the ban is upheld. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

Hi Penn
    The Black remark was a typo as stated to the Mod as soon as I got the ban
    2nd point Scroungers are scroungers
    And lastly have you looked at the link it has reverences to the Rotherham debate.
    The Pc thing I stopped as soon as I was asked.
    So debate is not tolerated on this forum?

And I still take offence at your good self indicating that i am racist as stated before i don't like Peados who does.

Kind regards

Hootanany,

Firstly, I didn't say you were racist. I said you made offensive remarks, which you have. Secondly, labelling a group of people negatively based solely on their race or ethnicity is offensive, as you did with your comments about Nigerians, "Sub Saharan Scroungers" (in a thread about African people), and the thread you were recently banned from, by trying to associate Muslims with paedophilia, an incredibly offensive sweeping generalisation.

The first line of the article you linked to:
    "Because of screaming leftists, the strong relationship between Islam and pedophilia is often drowned out and covered up, lest one be labeled “Islamophobic.”"

If you cannot see why this is offensive, that only strengthens the reasons for your ban from AH being made permanent, to prevent you from making similar comments on the forum again.

You may ask for an Admin to review this decision, or allow it to be marked as resolved.

Hi The link was for the video about the documentary maker and the journalist that stated it was about the Rotherham case nothing i said was about Muslims.
    Your Mods seem to think that the whole thread was about me bashing Muslims and it was not & that is why I feel that i am being branded a Racist and your last reply mention Islam I did not it was about perverts plain and simple.

• Advertisement

The article you linked to is literally titled: "One Country Is Suffering From Out-Of-Control Muslim Pedophilia". Not pedophilia, "Muslim Pedophilia". In a thread about abuse cases in Rotherham, the only reason to bring up an article about child abuse in Pakistan is to link it via race/religion/ethnicity. And the ban is based off previous mod actions against you for similar remarks before, as well as a general overall antagonistic tone you take.

I'm not discussing this further. You may ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

Advertisement